APCC Beta Install Problem Revisited

Larry Phillips

Ray, I reinstalled the beta and held down the CTRL key while starting.  Now the icon appears in the task bar for a few seconds and then disappears.  Nothing else happens.  Checking the task manager shows APCC running.  This is very frustrating.

Larry

Larry Phillips

Ray, I then restarted APCC without holding down the CTRL key and I get the same behavior as yesterday.

Larry

Ray Gralak

and I get the same behavior as yesterday.
Which is what, exactly? Please elaborate.

You can run the APCC log zipper utility separately and zip all of the logs for the last day and attach the zip file to a reply here. If the zip file is too big, you may need to provide a link to the file via DropBox, Google drive, etc.

BTW, are you running Windows 10, and are all updates applied?

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Phillips
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 6:24 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC Beta Install Problem Revisited

Ray, I then restarted APCC without holding down the CTRL key and I get the same behavior as yesterday.

Larry

Larry Phillips

Ray, perhaps I confused you by starting another thread.  This is a continuation of the Mach2 Error Messages thread and since we were no longer discussing the mount error messages, I created a new thread titled appropriately.  I gave some additional detail in message #83348 where I mentioned it is Win 7.

Larry

Ray Gralak

Larry,

Okay, but what I said still applies, I need to see your log files! :-)

Can you please use the APCC Log Zipper utility and include all APCC logs for the last day.

Thanks!

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Phillips
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 6:45 AM

Ray, perhaps I confused you by starting another thread. This is a continuation of the Mach2 Error Messages
thread and since we were no longer discussing the mount error messages, I created a new thread titled
appropriately. I gave some additional detail in message #83348 where I mentioned it is Win 7.

Larry

Larry Phillips

Ray, there are three sets of logs since yesterday afternoon.  And each have an addition file which is only 3 seconds different in time created.  Do you want all three or the first or the last?  The three sets are because I installed three times.

Ray Gralak

Larry,

> Do you want all three or the first or the last?  The three sets are because I installed three times.

Please use the APCC Log Zipper utility. It will get all of the logs unless you manually deleted them.

If you can start and see APCC’s main window you can get to the “Log Zipper” utility from APCC’s Tools menu. See this screenshot:

If not, then Navigate to it using the Windows Start button.

Include all APCC Logs for one day as shown in this screenshot:

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Phillips

> Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 7:55 AM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC Beta Install Problem Revisited

>

> Ray, there are three sets of logs since yesterday afternoon.  And each have an addition file which is only 3

> seconds different in time created.  Do you want all three or the first or the last?  The three sets are because I

> installed three times.

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi Ray,

here is my Log zipper File.

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 07.12.2021 um 17:21 schrieb Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>:

Larry,

> Do you want all three or the first or the last?  The three sets are because I installed three times.

Please use the APCC Log Zipper utility. It will get all of the logs unless you manually deleted them.

If you can start and see APCC’s main window you can get to the “Log Zipper” utility from APCC’s Tools menu. See this screenshot:

<image002.png>

<image001.png>

-Ray

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Phillips
> 
> Ray, there are three sets of logs since yesterday afternoon.  And each have an addition file which is only 3
> seconds different in time created.  Do you want all three or the first or the last?  The three sets are because I
> installed three times.

Ray Gralak

It looks like APCC is failing somewhere around the point where it is trying to create the Eltima virtual ports. The newest beta has an updated Eltima installer that may no longer support Windows 7.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Konstantin von Poschinger
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 8:54 AM

Hi Ray,

here is my Log zipper File.

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 07.12.2021 um 17:21 schrieb Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com>:

Larry,

> Do you want all three or the first or the last? The three sets are because I installed three times.

If you can start and see APCC’s main window you can get to the “Log Zipper” utility from
APCC’s Tools menu. See this screenshot:

<image002.png>

<image001.png>

-Ray

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Phillips
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
>
> Ray, there are three sets of logs since yesterday afternoon. And each have an addition file which is
only 3
> seconds different in time created. Do you want all three or the first or the last? The three sets are
because I
> installed three times.

Larry Phillips

Ray, since I didn't get a chance to send you my log zipper file before Konstantin did, do you still want it since it sounds like you have identified the problem?
Larry

Ray Gralak

Larry, this looks like an issue with Windows 7. I'll see if there is anything that can be done, but since Windows 7 is no longer supported, this may mean you will need to upgrade Windows if you want to use future builds of APCC.

-Ray

Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 9:23 AM

Ray, since I didn't get a chance to send you my log zipper file before Konstantin did, do you still want it since
it sounds like you have identified the problem?
Larry

Ray Gralak

Hi Larry/Konstantin,

I have confirmed that this is an issue with the Eltima V10 ActiveX control. It does not work with Windows 7.

However, I made a small installer that will install the Eltima V9 ActiveX control. You must run this installer AFTER the APCC installer. Also, this version only works for APCC Pro. Try it out and let me know if it works for you guys:

Steps:
1. Make sure APCC is not running.
2. Run the Eltima V9 installer.
3. Run APCC Pro.

https://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Eltima_V9_Setup_1.0.0.0.exe

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ray Gralak
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 10:58 AM

Larry, this looks like an issue with Windows 7. I'll see if there is anything that can be done, but since Windows
7 is no longer supported, this may mean you will need to upgrade Windows if you want to use future builds of
APCC.

-Ray

Ray, since I didn't get a chance to send you my log zipper file before Konstantin did, do you still want it
since
Larry

Larry Phillips

Edited

Ray, Yea!!  That fixed it.  A million thanks for going the extra mile on this.

Larry

Hi Ray,

nice to hear that is works. In older versions there was a break so that you could decide to install the software for the virtual ports or not. Do they have to be installed in ervery new versions?

Grüsse

Konni

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 08.12.2021 um 01:08 schrieb Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com>:

Hi Larry/Konstantin,

I have confirmed that this is an issue with the Eltima V10 ActiveX control. It does not work with Windows 7.

However, I made a small installer that will install the Eltima V9 ActiveX control. You must run this installer AFTER the APCC installer. Also, this version only works for APCC Pro. Try it out and let me know if it works for you guys:

Steps:
3. Run APCC Pro.

https://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Eltima_V9_Setup_1.0.0.0.exe

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ray Gralak

Larry, this looks like an issue with Windows 7. I'll see if there is anything that can be done, but since Windows
7 is no longer supported, this may mean you will need to upgrade Windows if you want to use future builds of
APCC.

-Ray

Ray, since I didn't get a chance to send you my log zipper file before Konstantin did, do you still want it
since
Larry

Ray Gralak

Hi Konstantin,

nice to hear that is works. In older versions there was a break so that you could decide to install the software
for the virtual ports or not. Do they have to be installed in ervery new versions?
A-P asked that I change the installer to always install/reinstall the Eltima virtual ports because the optional install checkbox was generating support questions about when to enable it or not.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Konstantin von Poschinger
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 11:35 PM

Hi Ray,

nice to hear that is works. In older versions there was a break so that you could decide to install the software
for the virtual ports or not. Do they have to be installed in ervery new versions?

Grüsse

Konni

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Hi Larry/Konstantin,

However, I made a small installer that will install the Eltima V9 ActiveX control. You must run this installer
AFTER the APCC installer. Also, this version only works for APCC Pro. Try it out and let me know if it works
for you guys:

Steps:
3. Run APCC Pro.

-Ray

Larry, this looks like an issue with Windows 7. I'll see if there is anything that can be done, but since
Windows
7 is no longer supported, this may mean you will need to upgrade Windows if you want to use future
builds of
APCC.

-Ray

since
Larry

Ray Gralak

Thanks, Larry, for letting me know! I'm glad that solved the problem.

-Ray

Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 4:51 PM
Ray, Yea!! That fixed it. A million thanks for going the extra mile on this.

Larry

Hi Ray,

so we have to run your Program always after an update, when using win7?

Grüsse

Konni

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 08.12.2021 um 13:21 schrieb Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com>:

Hi Konstantin,

A-P asked that I change the installer to always install/reinstall the Eltima virtual ports because the optional install checkbox was generating support questions about when to enable it or not.

-Ray

Hi Ray,

Grüsse

Konni

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Hi Larry/Konstantin,

However, I made a small installer that will install the Eltima V9 ActiveX control. You must run this installer
AFTER the APCC installer. Also, this version only works for APCC Pro. Try it out and let me know if it works
for you guys:

Steps:
3. Run APCC Pro.

-Ray

Larry, this looks like an issue with Windows 7. I'll see if there is anything that can be done, but since
Windows
7 is no longer supported, this may mean you will need to upgrade Windows if you want to use future
builds of
APCC.

-Ray

since
Larry

Ray Gralak

For now, that is true. However, I should be able to alter the installer to detect Windows 7 and install Eltima V9. Otherwise, V10 will be installed. If that is not possible for some reason, I will make a separate installer for Windows 7.

-Ray

Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 4:31 AM

Hi Ray,

Grüsse

Konni

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 08.12.2021 um 13:21 schrieb Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com>:

Hi Konstantin,

nice to hear that is works. In older versions there was a break so that you could decide to install the
software
A-P asked that I change the installer to always install/reinstall the Eltima virtual ports because the optional
install checkbox was generating support questions about when to enable it or not.

-Ray

Hi Ray,

nice to hear that is works. In older versions there was a break so that you could decide to install the
software

Grüsse

Konni

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Hi Larry/Konstantin,

I have confirmed that this is an issue with the Eltima V10 ActiveX control. It does not work with Windows

AFTER the APCC installer. Also, this version only works for APCC Pro. Try it out and let me know if it
works
for you guys:

Steps:
3. Run APCC Pro.

-Ray

Windows
builds of
APCC.

-Ray

Ray, since I didn't get a chance to send you my log zipper file before Konstantin did, do you still want
it
since
Larry