From: Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
To: <main@ap-gto.groups.io>, <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: 10/13/2021 3:22:45 PM
Subject: [ap-ug] The Beast is heading to Hawaii..

... where it will gather photons and help to test software and hardware for AP. It has been cloudy here all month with no end in sight, so it is being shipped off to sunnier and warmer climes. My beautiful model is there for perspective to show just how big it is: 1600 mount with 120lb of counterweight and 305mm F3.8 Honders astrograph. Solid as a rock on its ATS pier. Hope to get some images in the coming week.

Oh yes, air for sure. Will arrive next Thursday.

Roland

If going by ship it might take a while for delivery.
Might want to go by air instead.

Chris

... where it will gather photons and help to test software and hardware for AP. It has been cloudy here all month with no end in sight, so it is being shipped off to sunnier and warmer climes. My beautiful model is there for perspective to show just how big it is: 1600 mount with 120lb of counterweight and 305mm F3.8 Honders astrograph. Solid as a rock on its ATS pier. Hope to get some images in the coming week.

Brian McFarland

Beautiful mount! Are all the new 1600s coming with polished aluminum instead of paint? I'm on the list - hence my question.

Thanks!

Brian

Roland Christen

Nope, the 1600 production mounts are painted white so you don't bump your noggin on it at night. This mount is cobbled together from rejected parts that had scratches or nicks, etc. Basically a prototype suitable for testing stuff.

Beautiful mount! Are all the new 1600s coming with polished aluminum instead of paint? I'm on the list - hence my question.

Thanks!

Brian

Bill Long

The Misfit 1600.

Nope, the 1600 production mounts are painted white so you don't bump your noggin on it at night. This mount is cobbled together from rejected parts that had scratches or nicks, etc. Basically a prototype suitable for testing stuff.

Beautiful mount! Are all the new 1600s coming with polished aluminum instead of paint? I'm on the list - hence my question.

Thanks!

Brian

Same with the Honders by the way. Got its own nicks but beautiful in my eyes.

Nope, the 1600 production mounts are painted white so you don't bump your noggin on it at night. This mount is cobbled together from rejected parts that had scratches or nicks, etc. Basically a prototype suitable for testing stuff.

Beautiful mount! Are all the new 1600s coming with polished aluminum instead of paint? I'm on the list - hence my question.

Thanks!

Brian

It's actually a very good mount from the standpoint of accuracy. Dual encoders and other goodies. I will be running it fully modeled and unguided.

Nope, the 1600 production mounts are painted white so you don't bump your noggin on it at night. This mount is cobbled together from rejected parts that had scratches or nicks, etc. Basically a prototype suitable for testing stuff.

Beautiful mount! Are all the new 1600s coming with polished aluminum instead of paint? I'm on the list - hence my question.

Thanks!

Brian

Bill Long

Oh I am sure it is. It just made me think of the island of misfit toys from the Rudolph Christmas cartoon when you said it was made from rejected parts. 🙂

It's actually a very good mount from the standpoint of accuracy. Dual encoders and other goodies. I will be running it fully modeled and unguided.

Nope, the 1600 production mounts are painted white so you don't bump your noggin on it at night. This mount is cobbled together from rejected parts that had scratches or nicks, etc. Basically a prototype suitable for testing stuff.

Beautiful mount! Are all the new 1600s coming with polished aluminum instead of paint? I'm on the list - hence my question.

Thanks!

Brian

Andrea Lucchetti

Roland, if by chance you have enough scraps to build a second one you can send it here, I ‘ manage the disposal for free 😂

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 at 22:12, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
It's actually a very good mount from the standpoint of accuracy. Dual encoders and other goodies. I will be running it fully modeled and unguided.

Nope, the 1600 production mounts are painted white so you don't bump your noggin on it at night. This mount is cobbled together from rejected parts that had scratches or nicks, etc. Basically a prototype suitable for testing stuff.

Beautiful mount! Are all the new 1600s coming with polished aluminum instead of paint? I'm on the list - hence my question.

Thanks!

Brian

What if you sell it and the next person sends it here because of scratches and wants it fixed under warranty? Stuck out tongue closed eyes