From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roland Christen via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 7:52 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io; main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-ug] Mach2 shipments with low temp encoders

Just a reminder for those who are waiting for Mach1 mounts and have Renishaw low temp encoders ordered, the delivery of the encoders has been affected by Covid shutdown. We are anticipating delivery some time in February, so it won't be an interminable wait. We did contact everyone on the list but may have either missed someone, or it ended up in their spam file. Please be patient, we are working as fast as possible to get these mounts out.

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Khushrow Machhi

Patiently waiting for my Mach2. I loved my 1100GTO when I first got it in 2014, upgraded to the encoders last fall and love it even more. So, I can’t wait to get my Mach2, hope the low temp encoders come in soon...

Thanks,
Khushrow

On Jan 11, 2021, at 5:53 PM, Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

He means Mach2s, folks.  😉  We’re not making Mach1s.

Karen

AP

Just a reminder for those who are waiting for Mach1 mounts and have Renishaw low temp encoders ordered, the delivery of the encoders has been affected by Covid shutdown. We are anticipating delivery some time in February, so it won't be an interminable wait. We did contact everyone on the list but may have either missed someone, or it ended up in their spam file. Please be patient, we are working as fast as possible to get these mounts out.

Rolando

KHursh

X-D

Shane Ramotowski

Hi Karen,  can you tell us the current status of the NON-low temp encoder Mach2's that were expected in December or January?
- Shane

On 1/11/2021 6:56 PM, Karen Christen wrote:

He means Mach2s, folks. 😉  We’re not making Mach1s.

Karen

AP

Just a reminder for those who are waiting for Mach1 mounts and have Renishaw low temp encoders ordered, the delivery of the encoders has been affected by Covid shutdown. We are anticipating delivery some time in February, so it won't be an interminable wait. We did contact everyone on the list but may have either missed someone, or it ended up in their spam file. Please be patient, we are working as fast as possible to get these mounts out.

/Karen Christen/
Shane Ramotowski
kor@cotse.net
https://www.kor-astro.net

Don Anderson

Hello Karen
I just noticed that the polar alignment app has been removed from the Apple App store. Is there going to be an updated version coming?

Don Anderson

On Monday, January 11, 2021, 06:53:24 p.m. MST, Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

He means Mach2s, folks.  😉  We’re not making Mach1s.

Karen

AP

Just a reminder for those who are waiting for Mach1 mounts and have Renishaw low temp encoders ordered, the delivery of the encoders has been affected by Covid shutdown. We are anticipating delivery some time in February, so it won't be an interminable wait. We did contact everyone on the list but may have either missed someone, or it ended up in their spam file. Please be patient, we are working as fast as possible to get these mounts out.

Karen Christen

We do have some standard temp and we are assembling them. Yours is on the list to go out in January.

Roland

--
Shane Ramotowski
kor@...

Karen Christen

Hello Astro-Nuts,

We were trying not to throw Renishaw under the bus, but since Roland spilled the beans... Our Mach2 encoder shipment (both types) was delayed by Renishaw. They were forced to make operational changes due to the pandemic that set them behind. We can relate - we were unable to manufacture anything for 10 weeks in 2020 and we're still feeling those affects. Additionally, many more people ordered low-temp encoders for their Mach2s than we were anticipating, and some changed their order to low-temp after the fact. So our initial encoder order was not of the optimal mix to meet demand, and some low-temp encoder mounts have been delayed longer than standard-temp. Our subsequent encoder order, of course, would have corrected for this but as Roland mentioned, delivery has been delayed. Hence, we will have a stall in Mach2 shipments. With that said, we are still making Mach2s and not all orders will be delayed.

On a separate but related note, Renishaw is not our only supplier to experience delays. Over the holidays our anodizing subcontractor experienced a large Covid outbreak and was shut down for multiple weeks, which affects virtually every product we make. Frankly, we feel fortunate we've not had more issues such as these amongst our vendors, and have not had an outbreak ourselves.

We did send an update email to everyone whose Mach2 order will be delayed. If we missed you, please let me know so I can ensure our records are accurate. Thanks for your patience. These are certainly challenging times.
Karen
AP

Just a reminder for those who are waiting for Mach1 mounts and have
Renishaw low temp encoders ordered, the delivery of the encoders has
been affected by Covid shutdown. We are anticipating delivery some
time in February, so it won't be an interminable wait. We did contact
everyone on the list but may have either missed someone, or it ended
up in their spam file. Please be patient, we are working as fast as
possible to get these mounts out.

/Karen Christen/
Shane Ramotowski
kor@cotse.net
https://www.kor-astro.net

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Seb@stro

Hello Karen,

Thanks for the status update. I didn’t get the email you refer to. I check my spam folder daily so it’s unlikely (but possible) that I have deleted it by mistake.

I don’t own another AP mount to play with at the moment (as other people, lucky folks) so I can’t say I’m not a bit disappointed but I definitely understand given the actual situation. Waiting is hard but it doesn't harm... :)

Stay safe and I wish you all the best at AP.

Sébastien Doré

Le 12 janv. 2021 à 11:19, Karen Christen <karen@astro-physics.com> a écrit :

[...]

crandrist@...

Hello Karen,

I am expecting delivery this month on a standard encoder model and haven't received an email regarding a delay, so hopefully I'm safe.🤞

All the best,

Chad Andrist

Roland Christen

Yes, you are on my list to complete by the end of next week.

I am expecting delivery this month on a standard encoder model and haven't received an email regarding a delay, so hopefully I'm safe.🤞

All the best,

Chad Andrist

crandrist@...

Excellent. Thank you!

All the best,

Chad Andrist

Seb@stro

Hi Rolando,

Just wondering if the low temp Mach2s that were postponed (due to b.o. encoders) are still scheduled for a March delivery.
Thanks.
Sebastien

We just got the encoders in and are assembling now. Thank you for your patience.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

Just wondering if the low temp Mach2s that were postponed (due to b.o. encoders) are still scheduled for a March delivery.
Thanks.
Sebastien

Roland Christen

We just received a shipment from Renishaw, so yes they are being assembled starting today. Hope to start shipping a number of them by next week.

Just wondering if the low temp Mach2s that were postponed (due to b.o. encoders) are still scheduled for a March delivery.
Thanks.
Sebastien

Seb@stro

Marj, Roland,

Thanks for the update. That's good news. I'll be (im)patiently waiting for my new AP toy.  😉

Clear skies!
Sebastien