[ap-ug] Lunar eclipse from Hawaii

Bill Long

Excellent shots! 🙂

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 10:15 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>; main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-ug] Lunar eclipse from Hawaii

Hi Astronuts,

The eclipse occured here at 1 am with the Moon just past the zenith. It was one of the darkest eclipses I have ever seen. Using my Stowaway with my Sony digital camera it took a 2 second exposure to capture the fully eclipsed Moon. The un-eclipsed Moon required a 1/2000 second exposure. That's a 4000:1 difference in the amount of light at "totality". It was so dark that the Milky Way stood out prominently.

The wide field image was taken with a 12mm Rokinon lens with a 30 second exposure. The three bright objects are the Moon, Jupiter and Sirius.

Roland