[ap-ug] IC1396 Garnet Star Nebula in Hubble Palette

thefamily90 Phillips

Looks Great to me!

JimP

From: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io> on behalf of ROBERT WYNNE <robert-wynne@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 6:39:47 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>; Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>; main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] IC1396 Garnet Star Nebula in Hubble Palette

This revision reveals many more stars in the void. -Best, Robert
On 09/21/2021 3:26 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Also known as the Elephant Trunk

https://www.astrobin.com/g0bpv3/C/

This is the last object that I will be imaging with the 10" F6.3 Astrograph. Although the detail came out quite well, the stars were messed up by Topaz de-noise program. I may re-process this object at some point because the stars really were perfect in the original frames, but the lack of 20 to 40 hours of OIII and SII made it necessary to de-noise them.

My next scope will be a 70 lb 12" Astrograph system which will go on the Mach2 for more torture. I'm confident that the mount will handle it just fine.

Rolando

Bill Long

Good looking image to me as well!

This revision reveals many more stars in the void. -Best, Robert
On 09/21/2021 3:26 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Also known as the Elephant Trunk

https://www.astrobin.com/g0bpv3/C/

This is the last object that I will be imaging with the 10" F6.3 Astrograph. Although the detail came out quite well, the stars were messed up by Topaz de-noise program. I may re-process this object at some point because the stars really were perfect in the original frames, but the lack of 20 to 40 hours of OIII and SII made it necessary to de-noise them.

My next scope will be a 70 lb 12" Astrograph system which will go on the Mach2 for more torture. I'm confident that the mount will handle it just fine.

Not if you're pixel peeping  ;^)'

This revision reveals many more stars in the void. -Best, Robert
On 09/21/2021 3:26 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Also known as the Elephant Trunk

https://www.astrobin.com/g0bpv3/C/

This is the last object that I will be imaging with the 10" F6.3 Astrograph. Although the detail came out quite well, the stars were messed up by Topaz de-noise program. I may re-process this object at some point because the stars really were perfect in the original frames, but the lack of 20 to 40 hours of OIII and SII made it necessary to de-noise them.

My next scope will be a 70 lb 12" Astrograph system which will go on the Mach2 for more torture. I'm confident that the mount will handle it just fine.

Bill Long

I get what you mean, but its still pretty good. 🙂

Some of the images I look at in my submission queue on Astrobin are wickedly over-processed and start to look more like colored Velvetta cheese than nebula.