[ap-ug] Challenge object: Tiny faint galaxy grouping in Ursa Major

Roland Christen

A local amateur took my image and looked it up for magnitudes. Faintest star recorded was 19.5, faintest galaxy recorded was 18.95

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Apr 28, 2022 10:07 am
Subject: Re: [ap-ug] Challenge object: Tiny faint galaxy grouping in Ursa Major

Are these 5 uncatalogued?
They are all galaxies, catalogued from PGC35572 to PGC35576. Magnitude 15.9 to 17.4 for the smallest one. Nearby above the chain is another fainter one that is not in my SkyX catalog. The one off the end of the chain may also be a galaxy, but isn't in my chart either.

Worsel

Lots of info on the 'net about Andromeda's Parachute, including images.

Mag 15.5
z=2.3
Size = 3.8"

Given your image, I think Andromeda's Parachute would be easy!

Bryan