AP 600E goto question

thefamily90 Phillips

Set up my AP 600E last night and had a problem. First of all I did not have a CP2 control box (I have one but not with me). The other thing is that the one non-Y cable going from the mount to the control box would not plug into the control box until I added an extension which fit.
So, something above may be the root of my problem but here’s what happened. When I connected everything and plugged in the power the red light came on and the keypad lit up. After going through the steps I noted that went on the sidereal drive, the amount was moving toward the east and right ascension. It was moving slowly, but faster than if I turned the power off and watched the object drift toward the west. I know I must be doing something wrong but if anybody has anything to suggest I would appreciate it.

Jim P