AP 1100 GTO with Encoders not slewing or parking correctly

Thomas Giannaccini

I recently bought a used AP 1100 GTO with Encoders.
So I read the manuals, and I’m having a hard time getting my mount to slew to correct park locations on command. It’s completely off; not even remotely close. And it seems as though on different nights it behaves differently.

I also received a “motor stall” error message tonight which Im starting to think is the real problem. This is a used mount of course. When I checked the battery with a battery tester, it checked out okay but it looks like it has a few years on it. Is this a likely source of the problem?