AP400GTO Axis Bolt

Bill Long

Trying to determine if AP sells a replacement for the large bolt on the side of the fork that seems to lock the axis after alignment. Perhaps a captains wheel or something?

See photo:

image/jpeg

Peter Nagy

See cover page of Mach1 manual:

https://astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/mach1gto/mach1gto-2014-0814%20web.pdf

Hopefully it would fit your AP400.

Peter

weems@...

McMaster sells adjustable handle knobs in many sizes, including metric. I replaced the ones on the 600E with them, for tool free setup. The altitude set came from a very helpful AM seller who also gave me a link to the size for the azimuth set.

Chip

Howard Ritter

Chip—

Can you give me a link or specifications for the 600E parts? That sounds like a very good idea.

—howard

On Mar 31, 2022, at 11:25 PM, weems@... wrote:

McMaster sells adjustable handle knobs in many sizes, including metric. I replaced the ones on the 600E with them, for tool free setup. The altitude set came from a very helpful AM seller who also gave me a link to the size for the azimuth set.

Chip

George

Bill,

Email me directly and I’ll track it down for you.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Trying to determine if AP sells a replacement for the large bolt on the side of the fork that seems to lock the axis after alignment. Perhaps a captains wheel or something?

See photo:

image/jpeg

weems@...

For the altitude, McMaster #6608K34. For the azimuth #6608K53. The AM seller had the altitude handles ceracoated. They are normally bare stainless.

Chip

Howard Ritter

“AM seller”?

On Apr1, 2022, at 2119, weems@... wrote:

For the altitude, McMaster #6608K34. For the azimuth #6608K53. The AM seller had the altitude handles ceracoated. They are normally bare stainless.

Chip

<AP600E.jpeg>

Christopher Erickson

Astromart Seller.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

👍

On Apr1, 2022, at 2212, Christopher Erickson <christopher.k.erickson@...> wrote:

Astromart Seller.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022, 7:08 PM Howard Ritter via groups.io <howard.ritter=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
“AM seller”?

On Apr1, 2022, at 2119, weems@... wrote:

For the altitude, McMaster #6608K34. For the azimuth #6608K53. The AM seller had the altitude handles ceracoated. They are normally bare stainless.

Chip

<AP600E.jpeg>

Dan Folz

Hello everyone! I don’t post much if at all but I’m the Astromart seller if anyone wanted to know.
My best,
Dan Folz
Genoa City, WI

👍