AP1600 w/AE manual #Absolute_Encoders

Dhaval

Hello all,
I was looking for the manual for AP1600 with AE on A-P's website, but could not find one. Does anyone know how I can lay my hands on the manual?

I am getting a used AP1600 w/AE and want to ensure that I set it up appropriately. I have an AP1200 right now, but that does not have encoders, obviously, so that is the piece that is bugging me - how to set up an AP mount with encoders.

Thanks,
Dhaval

Worsel

Dhaval

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for responding. I did see that, but did not pay a lot of attention given that I will be getting the CP4. Not sure if there is a whole lot of difference between those connections with CP3 and with CP4.

Outside of that, I really wanted to see how to set it up in a remote location - with respect to homing it for the first time, creating pointing model, etc.

Thanks,
Dhaval

George

Dhaval,

The 1600 AE mount sets up and runs just like the 1600 mount without the encoders.   Once you turn on the encoders in APCC they are on…you never have to think about them again.   Set up remotely as often as you like…the encoders will always be quietly doing their thing invisibly without you having too think about them.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

I was looking for the manual for AP1600 with AE on A-P's website, but could not find one. Does anyone know how I can lay my hands on the manual?

I am getting a used AP1600 w/AE and want to ensure that I set it up appropriately. I have an AP1200 right now, but that does not have encoders, obviously, so that is the piece that is bugging me - how to set up an AP mount with encoders.

Thanks,
Dhaval

Dhaval

Thanks George! I shouldn't even have bothered!! Thanks for keeping it simple.

Dhaval