AP130GT + older rings without center top hole

John Jennings

I have an AP130 GT.  The older rings do not have the top center holes.
I have the rings attached to an SBD12 lower dovetail.

Will the spacing on the rings on the SBD12 + SDDAPB riser blocks on the ring tops allow any current AP Losmandy plate to fit with the correct lengthwise spacing? I have a 14 inch AP Losmandy plate LMDAP4567. Will it fit lengthwise with the spacing of the rings and risers?

Cheng-Yang Tan

I'm using the SBD12+SBDAPB and the 14inch  Losmandy plate with my AP130GT. See attached photo.

cytan

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 02:16:31 PM CDT, John Jennings <johnrogerjennings@...> wrote:

I have an AP130 GT.  The older rings do not have the top center holes.
I have the rings attached to an SBD12 lower dovetail.

Will the spacing on the rings on the SBD12 + SDDAPB riser blocks on the ring tops allow any current AP Losmandy plate to fit with the correct lengthwise spacing? I have a 14 inch AP Losmandy plate LMDAP4567. Will it fit lengthwise with the spacing of the rings and risers?

John Jennings

Perfect. That's the exact setup I want to use.

How about your off axis guider, pretty good results? What guide scope and camera?

Cheng-Yang Tan

My camera + OAG is the old workhorse: STF8300 and OAG8300 + ST-i guide camera.

Not sure that you can get the above setup from Diffraction Limited anymore.

cytan

On Monday, May 31, 2021, 07:00:03 PM CDT, John Jennings <johnrogerjennings@...> wrote:

Perfect. That's the exact setup I want to use.

How about your off axis guider, pretty good results? What guide scope and camera?

John Jennings

Nice setup. You probably don't need much guiding with the encoders anyway....