AP1200 wont slew correctly

Luke Dodd

Hi

I have returned to astrophotography after a 10 year break and dragged out my AP1200. Its running the GTOCP3 version. Problem I am having is the mount wont slew to objects correctly.

For example I synch on sirius and when I do a Goto command to M42 the keypad states object 30 degrees below horizon?

If I synch on Canopus it wont slew to Eta Carinae, it slews but the the scope is pointing about 20 Degrees off?

Even after I have refreshed the lat/long and time zone, coordinates of objects seems way off.

Do i have corrupted database? any help appreciated.

regards Luke

richard payne

Battery in Pendant is dead

On Apr 15, 2021, at 5:05 PM, Luke Dodd <lkdodd@...> wrote:

Hi

I have returned to astrophotography after a 10 year break and dragged out my AP1200. Its running the GTOCP3 version. Problem I am having is the mount wont slew to objects correctly.

For example I synch on sirius and when I do a Goto command to M42 the keypad states object 30 degrees below horizon?

If I synch on Canopus it wont slew to Eta Carinae, it slews but the the scope is pointing about 20 Degrees off?

Even after I have refreshed the lat/long and time zone, coordinates of objects seems way off.

Do i have corrupted database? any help appreciated.

regards Luke

Jeff B

If you are using the key pad, a dead battery can certainly corrupt the database for the M objects but, as I've experienced, stars and planets will slew to just fine.  So it's odd that you got errant slews from stat to star.  Are you off in just one axis?

Jeff

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 8:05 PM Luke Dodd <lkdodd@...> wrote:
Hi

I have returned to astrophotography after a 10 year break and dragged out my AP1200. Its running the GTOCP3 version. Problem I am having is the mount wont slew to objects correctly.

For example I synch on sirius and when I do a Goto command to M42 the keypad states object 30 degrees below horizon?

If I synch on Canopus it wont slew to Eta Carinae, it slews but the the scope is pointing about 20 Degrees off?

Even after I have refreshed the lat/long and time zone, coordinates of objects seems way off.

Do i have corrupted database? any help appreciated.

regards Luke

Roland Christen

You need a new battery and re-load the database.

I have returned to astrophotography after a 10 year break and dragged out my AP1200. Its running the GTOCP3 version. Problem I am having is the mount wont slew to objects correctly.

For example I synch on sirius and when I do a Goto command to M42 the keypad states object 30 degrees below horizon?

If I synch on Canopus it wont slew to Eta Carinae, it slews but the the scope is pointing about 20 Degrees off?

Even after I have refreshed the lat/long and time zone, coordinates of objects seems way off.

Do i have corrupted database? any help appreciated.

regards Luke

Jeff B

"You need a new battery and re-load the database.

Rolando"

Boom.

I just did this myself as well for one of my keypads and I also updated it to the latest firmware.  Straight forward to do all, just take your time, and the reloads and update both do take a bit of run time so I mowed the lawn and raked some grass up while the ones and zeros slowly were doing their thing.

Jeff