Ap1200 / TheSkyX jog runaway

Mike Dodd

On 2/5/2021 11:51 AM, Allen Gilchrist via groups.io wrote:
OK, I'm trying, but I have not been able to find where to click on the
https://www.astro-physics.com/ascom page to download the driver.
Try this: <https://www.astro-physics.com/ascom>

--- Mike

Mike Dodd

On 2/5/2021 11:51 AM, Allen Gilchrist via groups.io wrote:
OK, I'm trying, but I have not been able to find where to click on the
https://www.astro-physics.com/ascom page to download the driver.
Oops! Pressed Send too soon. Sorry.

Look for a link on this page: <https://www.astro-physics.info/index.htm?products/software/ascom/ascom>

Howard Hedlund

Hi Gents,

I talked with Dan Bisque yesterday.  They have a bug in their mount control that will be fixed in the next daily build release.  Keep you TSX current!

Allen Gilchrist

True to my previous experiences, I haven't been able to get ASCOM to work.  I downloaded ASCOMPlatform65SP1.exe and installed that.  Then I downloaded AstroPhysics_V2_Setup_5.30.10.exe and ran that.  Icons appeared on my desktop, and I was able to setup the telescope mount and run the APJog utility.  When I opened TheSkyX, however, there was no Astro-Physics GTO V2 Mount listed under either ASCOM or under Astro-Physics.  Under Astro-Physics, I found 1200 GTO and GTO Model Mount.  I can control the mount with either of these, but neither of them appears to be using ASCOM.  When I run APJog Utility, an AP_ASCOM log file is created, but not when I connect to the mount with TSX.  I found something on the ASCOM-Standards/FAQs site about a need for a special TeleAPIv5.94 driver for TheSky, but I think that relates to older versions of the program.  I'm missing something here.  Can someone help?

Bill Long

The driver you attempted to use in TSX was their x2 plugin. Select ASCOM Mount. Then go into the settings for ASCOM Mount and you should get the usual ASCOM chooser.