AP1100, Berlebach Planet, mounting CP4

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

I am anticipating a AP 1100 in a few months, and have that plate on order for my Berlebach Planet tripod.   From their website it looks like the attached.

There is a “Pier/Tripod Control Box Adapter” that shows as an angled bracket for attaching to a tripod.    The CP4 manual indicates the 1100 needs something on which to attach the CP4.  The 1100 manual on the other hand, on page 8, is a little confusing as it shows two screws for the CP4, but on the left hand page mentions “& adapter”.   So I think the adapter is there.  Maybe.

Does anyone have this mount on a Planet, specifically one with the Berlebach plate?

Will I need the adapter?   I’m thinking yes.

Will that top hole on the adapter (the one on the bent piece of metal) attach to a screw that’s going to go into one of the four holes below?  Or am I going to need something else with which to attach either the CP4 itself, or the adapter?    Will just that one screw hold it?

I am hoping not to drill holes in the wooden legs.

But even more, I want to make sure when I get it, I have all the parts.  Be a shame to then wait weeks to order some minor but necessary part.  L

Linwood

Bill Long

The pier adapter for the CP4 comes with the mount.  It will connect to the backside of the 1100 with two screws. So you will drop the RA axis onto the adapter you pictured, secure that with the bolts on the side, then bolt the CP4 box on the back of the mount itself.

[...]

That’s good to know, and I just saw the detailed “what’s included” list shows the CBAPT”.   Good.  But that it attaches to the mount is a bit at odds with page 16 of the CP4 manual, which says:

When using the 400GTO, 600EGTO, Mach1GTO, 1100GTO and some

of the OEM mounts that use the AP Servo Drive System, the GTOCP4 is not directly

attached to the mount, but instead it is mounted onto a bracket that is then affixed to

the tripod or pier.

So the bolts that hold the base to the Berlebach plate will be what the CBAPT attach to?   Or it does attach to the 1100 itself?

[...]

The back of the 1100 itself. I will get you a photo here in a few. 🙂 I use the Losmandy HD and the 119FSA which is basically what the adapter you showed is.

[...]

That’s OK no need to bother, so long as I do not need to buy anything else, I’m OK and will figure it out with hardware in hand.  I didn’t mean to sound like I did not believe you, trying to follow along in the manual.

With so much stuff backordered, just trying to be ahead of the game.

[...]

Thank you, that helps.