Topics

Another Recommendation of the Ridgid Tool Cart for transporting the AP900/1100

john vogt

Dec 1

After watching Tony's (Harley Davidson) videos of how he transports his mounts (Thanks Tony!)
I purchased from Home Depot the Ridgid Mobile Gear Cart($60), 2-22" Tool Boxes($40each) and 22" Gear Organizer($20).
At the time the Gear Organizer was free with the purchase of a Cart and Tool Box.

As I had quite a bit of Polyethylene Foam sheeting I custom cut a number of pieces to hold and cushion the various
parts of the mount. I also lined the bottom and sides of the cart and one tool box with cut pieces of a floor cushion
from Harbor Freight. The RA assembly fits nicely into the cart and the Tool Box holds the Dec housing, Dec Top Plate
and saddle, CWT shaft and extension. I used some CPVC pipe to hold the shafts for further protection.

The second Tool Box holds the CWT and accessory (RAPAS,CP3,Keypad) cases.

As Tony mentions in his review the Ridgid system is well built, light, sturdy and best of all inexpensive. Highly Recommended.

Below are a few pix.

John

rtlangland

HI John,

I have a similar setup but need the replicate the system you have for the weights. What size were the TTS bags that you used. Small or medium? I would like to order two for the same purpose for my 1100 mount.

Thanks

Bob Langland

On Dec 2, 2020, at 7:43 AM, john vogt <atmer@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Bob,

The TTS bags are the small version. With two weights per bag their easily manageable.
I think the max per bag would be 2-18lb weights..

CS,
John

rtlangland

Thanks for the information.
Bob Langland

On Dec 2, 2020, at 8:43 PM, john vogt <atmer@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

The TTS bags are the small version. With two weights per bag their easily manageable.
I think the max per bag would be 2-18lb weights..

CS,
John

M Hambrick

Here are the cases I put together for my 1100 Mount. The case for the Dec axis is a work in progress.

john vogt

Well done on the Ridgid cases especially the foam cutting done for the RA assembly. Thinking is wouldn't fit
I didn't try the RA assembly into the 22" Tool Box, looks like it just makes it.

Will you store anything else besides the Dec. assembly in the Rolling Cart? Note, and I didn't realize this until later,
that the tool holder at the rear of the Cart is removeable.

CS,
John

M Hambrick

Hi John

Yes, the RA assembly just barely fit, and I forgot to mention that I had to cut back some of the reinforcing ribs in the lid of the box to allow the lid to close. I used a 1-inch layer of foam in the bottom of the box, and that made the mount base stick up just a little bit too much to close the lid.

I am still working on the Dec axis cart. I have been thinking about either putting the counterweight shaft in there, or (more likely) putting my cables, CP4, and Keypad.