From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Karen Christen
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2022 8:44 AM
To: ap-ug@groups.io; ap-gto@groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] AIC 2022

Hello Astro-Nuts,

After much deliberation and assessment and with great regret, we are compelled to cancel our attendance at the Advanced Imaging Conference (AIC) in San Jose this month.   This was a difficult decision since AIC is a premier gathering of astro-imagers and we have the upmost respect for the organizers. However, we have a perfect storm of projects and products demanding our attention which conflict with preparation for and participation in AIC.  Supply chain challenges have obliged us to become quite nimble and flexible with our priorities.  Components for scopes and mounts that were delayed have arrived and we are catching up with production.  For us, the timing is not ideal.

We’ll miss visiting with our amazing customers, showcasing an exciting new product, and connecting with industry friends.  We hope all of you who attend have a wonderful time at AIC!

Roland, Marj, Karen, George, Howard, and all the Astro-Folks

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Charles Thompson

We will miss you all.

You will have to reveal this exciting new product to us on here!  😀

Thanks,
Charles

We’ll definitely miss you guys this year, but we understand.  We’ll see you next time.

[...]

KHursh

Aww, that's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting the A-P family. I understand the position you are in and respect your decision. Don't work too hard!

Kevin

Dean Jacobsen

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 08:43 AM, Karen Christen wrote:
We’ll miss visiting with our amazing customers, showcasing an exciting new product, and connecting with industry friends.
Hmmm..., "exciting new product"?
--
Dean Jacobsen

😊

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com
On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 08:43 AM, Karen Christen wrote:

We’ll miss visiting with our amazing customers, showcasing an exciting new product, and connecting with industry friends.

Hmmm..., "exciting new product"?
--
Dean Jacobsen

Dean Jacobsen

When do we get to hear about the exciting new product?
--
Dean Jacobsen

Soon.

When do we get to hear about the exciting new product?
--
Dean Jacobsen

Calypte

When they announced that AIC registration was open, I was within minutes of signing up.  But then I got an invitation for a major family event on the same weekend.  Family comes first.  I know another regular attendee who now lives in Oz, and he informed me that he won't be going to AIC, either.  Family matters back in the UK for him.  Had I signed up, I would have been sorely disappointed at not seeing the fine crew from Astro-Physics.  But knowing that you guys won't be there mitigates my personal regret at not attending AIC.  I hope they get a good turnout anyway.  I look forward to trying again in a couple of years, or whenever they schedule the next one.

Chris White

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 10:07 AM, Dean Jacobsen wrote:
When do we get to hear about the exciting new product?
--
Dean Jacobsen
When will then be now? 😊

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

Another clue was recently extracted from Roland.  It will not be an RC scope with hyperbolic mirrors.  Period.

Dean Jacobsen

“When will then be now? 😊”

Are we there yet?
--
Dean Jacobsen

Charles Thompson

Are we there yet?

Thanks,
Charles

From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
Date: 5/19/22 8:38 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

“When will then be now? 😊”

Are we there yet?
--
Dean Jacobsen

I have to go home and sleep now, tomorrow will be a busy day.

From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
Date: 5/19/22 8:38 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

“When will then be now? 😊”

Are we there yet?
--
Dean Jacobsen

Dean Jacobsen

Sleep well.
--
Dean Jacobsen

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

I can sence we may almost be there.  I was going to ask to stop so I could go to the bathroom, but I think we are almost there.  I can hold off.

Karen Christen

This has been Roland’s standard response for my whole life.  We’d go to Grandma’s house (a 14-hour drive) and it didn’t matter if we were in Pennsylvania or just pulling out of the driveway…

“Dad, are we there yet?”

“We’re about halfway there, kids.”

Karen

AP