Adding Primaluce Labs ECCO2 for Environmental sensor?

Wayne Hixson

Ray, any chance we could add the ECCO 2 as environmental sensor for modeling? The MgBoxV2 I have is unreliable. 

wayne 

Bill Long

Does it have an ASCOM Observing Conditions driver?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Wayne Hixson via groups.io <wayneh9026@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 11:56 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Adding Primaluce Labs ECCO2 for Environmental sensor?

Ray, any chance we could add the ECCO 2 as environmental sensor for modeling? The MgBoxV2 I have is unreliable. 

wayne 

Wayne Hixson

It does have an ASCOM driver, reads temperature, pressure and humidity. Not sure if that qualifies? I’ll check with Primaluce.

Bill Long

If it has an Observing Conditions driver you can install that and configure APCC to use it.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Wayne Hixson via groups.io <wayneh9026@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Adding Primaluce Labs ECCO2 for Environmental sensor?

It does have an ASCOM driver, reads temperature, pressure and humidity. Not sure if that qualifies? I’ll check with Primaluce.

Wayne Hixson

Thanks! I don’t have it yet, I’ll see if anyone else can report first-hand knowledge. 

Wayne

On Mar 28, 2021, at 1:09 PM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

If it has an Observing Conditions driver you can install that and configure APCC to use it.

Bill Long

Their website says the device has ASCOM drivers so I assume it does.

Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:11 PM

Thanks! I don’t have it yet, I’ll see if anyone else can report first-hand knowledge. 

Wayne

On Mar 28, 2021, at 1:09 PM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

annaski

If anyone has this working reliably with APPM please post, as I am also looking at this.

Wayne Hixson

Fillipo at Primaluce says the ASCOM driver is an Observing Conditions driver. I ordered one, I’ll post when I get it

Wayne

On Mar 29, 2021, at 2:38 PM, annaski <annaski@...> wrote:

If anyone has this working reliably with APPM please post, as I am also looking at this.

Wayne Hixson

Well I’ve got it but don’t know how to configure APCC to use it. The only place I see to connect it is in the GPS tab and it’s not a GPS device. Maybe I’m missing something. 

Bill Long

Environmental settings from the top menu.

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:08 PM

Well I’ve got it but don’t know how to configure APCC to use it. The only place I see to connect it is in the GPS tab and it’s not a GPS device. Maybe I’m missing something. 

Wayne Hixson

Got it and it works! 😀

On Mar 31, 2021, at 12:14 PM, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:

Environmental settings from the top menu.

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:08 PM

Brent Boshart

Wayne or anyone else,  do you find the pressure reading on your ECCO2 to be accurate?  I recently purchased one and the pressure is way off.  I get readings around 967 whereas multiple weather sources report around 1010.  

Worsel

Brent

Are your 'multiple source' based on airport readings?  Airports correct their readings to pressure at sea level, the reference standard to which pilots set their altimeters.

Example: western Colorado (right now).  Airport pressure for altimeters = 1009, Station pressure (actual) = 817  (Elevation = 1745m)

Bryan

Worsel

You can find station pressure and airport pressure with the following  link

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=Kxxx

where xxx is the FAA code for the whatever airport you want.

Bryan

Brent Boshart

Thanks Bryan.  You are absolutely right, I totally missed that.  I was using weather website reporting which must be sea level.  I found a calculation that uses altitude and temperature, then the pressure reading on the ECCO2 is bang on.