ADATRI on Losmandy HD Tripod

yanzhe liu

Can I attach ADATRI directly to Losmandy HD tripod?
I think I can do it with 3 1/4" screws, not receommeded 5/8" ones. Is there any concern by doing so?

Yanzhe

KHursh

No, you would need the flat plate that goes on the tripod: LT2APM. You bolt the ADATRI to that

Matthieu BUI

Yes, you can. I added an extension pier because I had collisions of my scope on the tripod.

Le jeudi 6 mai 2021 à 22:47:20 UTC+2, yanzhe liu <liuyanzhe@...> a écrit :

Can I attach ADATRI directly to Losmandy HD tripod?
I think I can do it with 3 1/4" screws, not receommeded 5/8" ones. Is there any concern by doing so?

Yanzhe

George

Yanzhe,

The three tapped holes that are on the Losmandy HD tripod are for the Losmandy MA adapter.   They are 3/8” tapped holes and will not work with the ADATRI.   If the Losmandy MA adapter is on the Losmandy tripod, then you can use our LT2APM Flat Adapter and then attach the ADATRI to it.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Can I attach ADATRI directly to Losmandy HD tripod?

I think I can do it with 3 1/4" screws, not receommeded 5/8" ones. Is there any concern by doing so?

Yanzhe

yanzhe liu

George,

I could attach ADATRI to HD tripod using 3 highlighted 1/4" holes (I did this for Mach1). It looks strong, but none of the tripod legs points due north.
Should I concern about the stability and strength of this setup?

IMG_2601 2.jpg

Yanzhe

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 7:29 AM George <george@...> wrote:

Yanzhe,

The three tapped holes that are on the Losmandy HD tripod are for the Losmandy MA adapter.   They are 3/8” tapped holes and will not work with the ADATRI.   If the Losmandy MA adapter is on the Losmandy tripod, then you can use our LT2APM Flat Adapter and then attach the ADATRI to it.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Can I attach ADATRI directly to Losmandy HD tripod?

I think I can do it with 3 1/4" screws, not receommeded 5/8" ones. Is there any concern by doing so?

Yanzhe

George

Yanzhe,

Is the spacing for those holes correct?   If so, because the Mach1’s payload is small, it probably would not matter that the north leg is not under the counterweight shaft.    The weight balance on the tripod is probably okay.    You can probably use washers with button head screws…again, the small Mach1 payload will probably work for you.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Can I attach ADATRI directly to Losmandy HD tripod?

I think I can do it with 3 1/4" screws, not receommeded 5/8" ones. Is there any concern by doing so?

Yanzhe

Elenillor

I attached the ADATRI using the 3/8" holes. I needed to get low profile 3/8" bolts and slightly enlarge the slots on the bottom of the ADATRI. That allows the counter weight to be directly over the leg. I felt that to be important since I have about 60# of counter weights for and the AP254.

George

This looks like the best solution.    How did you enlarge the holes in the ADATRI?