Topics

Absolute Encoders status

Craig Young

What conditions/actions will cause the Absolute Encoders to go into the "Set" condition?

I have a GTO1600AE/CP4 and when I ran the APAE utility it showed the status of the encoders as "Set".  I changed that to "On" and now each time I restart the mount the utility shows the status as "On".  So somewhere in the past the encoders got turned off and remained in a "Set" condition.  Does upgrading the software do that?  Or, some error condition in the mount at startup?

Also, can we get some sort of indication on the ASCOM V2 driver what state the encoders are in (e.g., "Set" or "On").

Craig