From: mike_malik@...
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Jun 29, 2022 11:12 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] A mishap upon first power-up of 1100GTO-AEL...

Despite taking all the precautions for the fist power-up of the barebones 1100GTO-AEL, I end up pinching a though-the-mount power cable in DEC axis as shown. Clutches were as they come form the factory, in all the way but NOT torqued. After the pinching, motor made a loud squeaking sound but came to an end few moments later probably as DEC axis reached it desired end-point. There was NO scope mounted, NO counterweight shaft attached. It was just a dry run of the NEW mount for the fist time. There was no pulling or sheering of the cable; just a depression in the plastic/grooved/felx area of the power cable termination (see pic) where it got stuck between the motor housing and the clutch knob.

Question I have is would it have done any damage to the mount? Or did the loud sound DEC motor made was it working against the un-torqued DEC clutches? I am sure I am not the only one who would have through-the-mount cables hanging like that. I guess lesson learned the hard way. Your insight and technical analysis of the mishap greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Mike

@mmalik

Much appreciate the prompt response. Regards, Mike