92mm Stowaway 4th Run Update

Karen Christen

Hello Astro-Nuts,

The fourth production run of our 92mm f6.65 Stowaway is well underway and we have contacted all of the remaining people who had signed up on our notification list in April 2018.  Roland fulfilled his promise of making enough scopes for everyone who signed up the first time who wanted one.  We are producing more scopes that will need a good home. So, now what do we do?

After much deliberation we’ve decided to offer the remaining scopes in a random-drawing format.  This is a departure from our usual processes, so we know you have questions.  We have answers:

Why can’t I just order one? We wanted to provide an equal opportunity to people who would really like to own and use this scope. If we simply opened our phone lines to take orders, it would favor people who live in particular time zones and only those who happened to hear about it. We anticipate that they would have sold out very quickly, possibly even before people on the other side of the globe were awake. Since we have an international following, we wanted to give everyone an opportunity.

What do you mean, random drawing?  For one week from Friday, July 30 to Friday, August 6 (12pm noon central daylight savings time), anyone can sign up on the 92mm Stowaway 2021 Random Drawing Entry form.  It does not matter when you sign up, as long as it’s within the sign-up window.  From this group of interested people, we will randomly choose the people who will be notified of the opportunity to purchase a 92mm Stowaway.

Why aren’t you just notifying people in order of when they signed up, like usual?  Traditionally we have collected names of those interested in a particular product in chronological order and notified folks of the opportunity to purchase the item in that order.  We’ve occasionally received criticism, most especially if the list is only open for a short time, from folks who were unaware of the list, on vacation, on the other side of the world and asleep when the list was open, etc.

We only have a limited number of Stowaways and wanted to give everyone an equal chance to purchase one.  With advanced notice and a one-week sign-up window, we hope to catch everyone who might be interested in this scope.

How do I sign up?  Go to the 92mm Stowaway 2021 Random Drawing Entry form and fill in all the required fields, including your name, phone number, email address and billing address.  The link to this form will be available on July 30th at noon on the Availability tab of the 92mm Stowaway website page: www.astro-physics.com/92f665

When can I sign up?  The 92mm Stowaway 2021 Random Drawing Entry form will be available from July 30 to August 6 (12pm noon central daylight savings time for both).

Will I receive a confirmation of my sign-up?  Yes.  Following submission, a confirmation window will appear. Assuming that you provided a valid email address, you will also receive an auto-generated confirmation email with all of the information that you provided for your reference. If you do NOT receive a confirmation email, it may be in your spam folder or you may have entered an incorrect email address.

When will I know if I was selected?  After the deadline, we will contact the people whose names we draw randomly from the entries. This process may take several months since we do not sell the final scopes in the run until they are completed. We will post periodic messages on the Availability tab of the 92mm Stowaway website page regarding the status of the drawing: www.astro-physics.com/92f665

When would I pay for my order?  The order process will remain the same as usual: Once you’re notified, you will have 2 weeks to decide whether to purchase and submit a 50% deposit.  At that time a scope will be reserved for you and we will provide an estimated date of delivery.

We wish you luck!

The Astro-Folks

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Jeff B

Cool.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 3:17 PM Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

[...]

Marcelo Figueroa

How does it work for international orders, do I have to sign up with my local distributor or directly on the link provided?.

And then, if I am selected, I deal with my local distributor and he takes care of the collection and delivery?.

Karen Christen

What country do you live in, Marcelo?

Karen

AP

How does it work for international orders, do I have to sign up with my local distributor or directly on the link provided?.

And then, if I am selected, I deal with my local distributor and he takes care of the collection and delivery?.

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Marcelo Figueroa

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

dvjbaja

Is this the last production run?  - jg

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 12:59 PM Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

What country do you live in, Marcelo?

Karen

AP

How does it work for international orders, do I have to sign up with my local distributor or directly on the link provided?.

And then, if I am selected, I deal with my local distributor and he takes care of the collection and delivery?.

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Karen Christen

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Karen Christen

Hey John,

We never know the answer to that.  It depends on multiple factors, including glass availability.  At present we do not have another run planned, but that could change.

Karen

AP

How does it work for international orders, do I have to sign up with my local distributor or directly on the link provided?.

And then, if I am selected, I deal with my local distributor and he takes care of the collection and delivery?.

--
Karen Christen

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Geof Lewis

Hi Karen,
Tempted am I, or what 😉. If I were so lucky, how would I purchase from the UK; direct from your website?
Regards,

Geof

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen

Karen Christen

Hello Geof,

If you get the notification, you will purchase through our customer sales reps – the amazing duo of Daleen and Paige.  The notification letter has all the details.

Good luck!

Karen

AP

Tempted am I, or what 😉. If I were so lucky, how would I purchase from the UK; direct from your website?

Regards,

Geof

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Geof Lewis

Thanks Karen,
I'd better go and start counting my beans to see if I have enough......

Geof

Tempted am I, or what 😉. If I were so lucky, how would I purchase from the UK; direct from your website?

Regards,

Geof

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Jeff B

Daleen and Paige are indeed amazing to work with.  Don't ever let them retire Karen.  Ditto your Mom and Dad! 😁

I'm going to sign up!  I too started counting my beans.  Got halfway through then spilled the jars all over the place.  I'm counting again.🙄

Jeff

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 4:44 PM Geof Lewis <geoflewis@...> wrote:
Thanks Karen,
I'd better go and start counting my beans to see if I have enough......

Geof

Tempted am I, or what 😉. If I were so lucky, how would I purchase from the UK; direct from your website?

Regards,

Geof

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

thefamily90 Phillips

In a week. Starting July 31.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 4:28 PM Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

dvjbaja

Can you sign up more than once?  That would make it a little more interesting.  Do you have to be present to win?  ;-)

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Jim H

I hope not, I'd be on the astro-physics site 24/7.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 8:11 PM dvjbaja <jpgleasonid@...> wrote:
Can you sign up more than once?  That would make it a little more interesting.  Do you have to be present to win?  ;-)

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Christopher Erickson

I am going to assume that the only fair way is that everyone only gets to sign up once.

And only one entry per household.

And that cheaters will be disqualified.

I also assume that it would only be fair if existing Stowaway owners wouldn't be allowed to play either (darn!)

And that entries must have a verifiable name, verifiable email address, verifiable phone number and a verifiable physical address to qualify.

Did I miss anything? LOL

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory Engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, Hawaii

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 6:16 PM Jim H <jamesnhead@...> wrote:
I hope not, I'd be on the astro-physics site 24/7.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 8:11 PM dvjbaja <jpgleasonid@...> wrote:
Can you sign up more than once?  That would make it a little more interesting.  Do you have to be present to win?  ;-)

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Bill Long

I won't sign up since I already have one. :) Sharing is caring.

You may sign up directly on the website, Marcelo.

Karen

AP

Chile. I have bought my Mach1 (sold) and Mach2 through my local dealer without any problems.

For now I'm just being curious and haven't decided anything yet ;).

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Karen Christen

Hey Astro-Nuts,

Just a quick update to let you know the 92mm Stowaway 2021 Random Drawing Entry form is open and available on the Availability tab of the Stowaway product page here: https://www.astro-physics.com/92f665

The sign-up page will be open until 12:00 noon, Central Daylight Time (UT -5) on Friday, August 6.  You may sign up at any time during that window to be entered in the drawing.

We wish all of you good luck!

Astro-Folks

[...]

I don't see the form to fill out. Only the update of July 30 announcing the draw, but nothing where to register.

George

Marcelo,

In the description go to the availability tab and you will see a link to the form.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

I don't see the form to fill out. Only the update of July 30 announcing the draw, but nothing where to register.