M31 - 2x2 mosaic - native 0.74"/px - full frame - nearly gigapixel #photo-notice

Carl Björk

Edited

Hi!

Ok I wanted to share this with you guys! I am sorry I am still waiting for my Mach2 (I am hoping to receive it in August).
This was shot with my future previous mount. I hope this post is appropriate, if not please kindly let me know and I will remove it.

So this is the result of +4 years of true stubbornness. Never satisfied I just kept going at it.
This one is the result of 1 year and 8 months of more stubbornness (1.5y imaging + 2m processing).
I hope you like it!

PS: click on the (i) button on the top-left toolbar to hide the information panel, click on the map icon next to it to show annotations (only galaxies shown apart for NGC206).
Then please, please, please, ZOOM, trust me it is worth the trip !!

PPS: I am adding a one click bait pictures, check the zoom level top-right ;-)

PPPS: I defy you to find any place with no galaxies in the background !!

Eric Weiner

That is a LOT of data!  Very nice Carl.

Carl Björk

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 08:42 PM, Eric Weiner wrote:
That is a LOT of data!
Processing required +7.5TB :-D

Carl Björk

This is M31-v1, a Cepheid, it allows calculation of the distance to Andromeda according to its pulsation period and relative magnitude (for those into it, it allows to calculate its absolute magnitude and thus the distance).

While I have good idea how to calculate its true period using Fourrier transformation, I am not sure I am willing to stack those 87 individual nights to find out :-D

Antoine PAVLIN

Woooowwww !!!!

Quite involving indeed but amazing result.

Thank you for sharing

Clear skies

Ok I wanted to share this with you guys! I am sorry I am still waiting for my Mach2 (I am hoping to receive it in August).

So this was shot with my future previous mount. I hope this post is appropriate, if not please kindly let me know and I will remove it.

So this is the result of +4 years of true stubbornness. Never satisfied I just kept going at it.
This one is the result of 1 year and 8 months of more stubbornness (1.5y imaging + 2m processing).

I hope you like it!

PS: click on the (i) button to hide the information panel, click on the map icon next to it to show annotations (only galaxies shown apart for NGC206).

Then please, please, please, ZOOM, trust me it is worth the trip !!

PPS: I am adding a one click bait pictures, check the zoom level in the top-right ;-)

PPPS: I defy you to find any place with no galaxies in the background !!

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Carl Björk

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 09:54 PM, Antoine PAVLIN wrote:
  Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com
Merci Antoine, belle soirée et bon ciel ^^