NGC 6883, NGC 6871, Sharpless 2-101, et al. Wide Field with Mach2

Dean Jacobsen

Hi All,

Was able to get out for a nice night under the stars.  I captured a wide field shot (image radius of 3.67 degrees) using the Mach2 unguided with 120 second exposures.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/edt7j5/0/

There are lots of stars in there.  There are also lots of LBN bright nebula and LDN dark nebula as well as star clusters but it's hard to pick them out because the star field overwhelms everything.

I uploaded a full resolution if you want to take a look.

The scope was the FSQ-106 using the 645 reducer [f/3.6, 381mm fl] and also using a full frame ASI2400MC Pro color camera.

The image was taken from Bortle 3-4 skies.

I may have overdone the red saturation... This area has a lot of h-alpha emissions and I wanted to show that.  Here is a linh to an h-alpha image of the same general area I took a few years ago using the same scope and the ASI1600MM.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/5szx79/0/

--
Dean Jacobsen

thefamily90 Phillips

What an amazing view. Look at all the stars!!

JimP

[...]

midmoastro

Nice work, Dean. This looks great.
Todd

Dean Jacobsen

Jim & Todd,

Thanks for taking a look.  Hopefully this won’t turn out to be my only opportunity this new moon cycle, but the forecast for next week isn’t promising.
--
Dean Jacobsen

Don Anderson

Very impressive Dean! It's amazing what skilled armatures can do now a days. CMOS has come along way. They now eclipses most CCDs.
Thanks for posting
Don

Dan_Paris

Excellent wide field view Dean! I imaged the tulip nebula last year but I was not familiar with its surroundings.

Dan

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Don and Dan.  There is a lot going on in this area. Even more “stuff” than Astrobin’s advanced plate solver identifies.  I’m too lazy to do an annotated version.
--
Dean Jacobsen