Digital focusing system for 130 GTX?

Roger Howard

Just a note on Starlight.  I just received a PDMS which is a great heavy duty system to move a heavy imaging train.  The only problem is the supply chain like everything else at the moment. From beginning to end it took 6 months to receive mine, but they did try to keep me updated as parts came in. It is a fantastic product.

Roger

Chris White

I'm using the optec ft40. It's a great product. You can get it with either an internal or external controller.  Works great!

Jeffc

Starlight Instruments may have a motor available for the 3.5”.
Either the HSM or PDMS.  (I have a PDMS that I received recently, but waited months and months for it.)
Another choice is Optec (but I’m not familiar with those focus motors.)

On Jul 2, 2022, at 8:09 AM, AaronW <aaron.wilhelm@...> wrote:

The A-P web page for the 130 GTX indicates that the focuser that comes with the scope is an A-P 3.5” focuser, and that a digital focusing system is also available for imaging, but I see nothing anywhere on A-P’s website about a digital focusing system.

I have been using a feather touch focuser and FT’s electronic focusing system on another rig with great success.  What focusing system does A-P’s website refer to, how do we get it, and how have people been enjoying it with the 130 GTX?

Best regards,
Aaron W.

We normally offer the Starlight system and they are listed on our website under Electric Focusers. However, we are not accepting orders at this time because of delivery issues.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road