[ap-ug] AP 900 Dec frozen

thefamily90 Phillips

Definitely the problem is with the cable. Originally, I was able to use the keypad to move the scope east west, but I could not get the keypad to move the mount north south. So, once it cooled off this afternoon I switched the cables and the scope would now move north south but not east west! Have ordered a new cable from Astro and physics. Thanks Roland!!

JimP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2022 12:36:49 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io <main@ap-ug.groups.io>; chris1011@... <chris1011@...>; ap-ug@groups.io <ap-ug@groups.io>; ap-gto@groups.io <ap-gto@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] AP 900 Dec frozen

I have had trouble with that cable for the Dec axis in the past. Apparently, the person I purchased the mount from was using a cable that was far too short And I had trouble placing the CP3 computer close enough to the Dec access to be able to use it properly. The Dec cable is too short. So, I went to Astro-physics.com and ordered a Y cable for the 900 mount. Thanks!!

Jim