Help, CP5 won't power on!

Roland Christen

We can send you a new supply, call the office and let them know that your power supply has failed. Meanwhile you can run it from a small 12 volt battery.

From: AaronW <aaron.wilhelm@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 31, 2022 11:29 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Help, CP5 won't power on!

Got it - will give that a shot tomorrow if I can find a voltmeter.  Thanks!

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 9:26 PM Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
My bad.  I thought you were saying that you tested the AC/DC adapter and it had failed.

Plug the AC/DC adapter in, set the voltmeter to DC and touch the voltmeter probes on the metal contacts in the PowerPole output.  If the adapter is working you should get a voltage reading on the voltmeter.
--
Dean Jacobsen

AaronW

[...]

Sadly, no.  I image from my backyard using the house's AC power.  I'm not even sure how I could test the adapter with a voltmeter.  One end of the adapter has the anderson powerpoles that came with the Mach2.

Hopefully the issue isn't something more serious than this...

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 9:07 PM Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
Well, it is something than can happen.  I don't know how often it happens.  :-)  The good thing is that it is an easy fix.  Do you have a 12V DC power supply that you can use instead so you don't lose a night of imaging?
--
Dean Jacobsen

Dean Jacobsen

Well, it is something than can happen.  I don't know how often it happens.  :-)  The good thing is that it is an easy fix.  Do you have a 12V DC power supply that you can use instead so you don't lose a night of imaging?
--
Dean Jacobsen

AaronW

Failed AC/DC adapter...is that something that happens often?

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 8:48 PM Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
Aaron, do you have a voltmeter that you can test the output of your AC/DC power adapter to make sure it hasn’t failed?
--
Dean Jacobsen

AaronW

Can't seem to find mine...

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 8:48 PM Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...> wrote:
Aaron, do you have a voltmeter that you can test the output of your AC/DC power adapter to make sure it hasn’t failed?
--
Dean Jacobsen

Dean Jacobsen

Aaron, do you have a voltmeter that you can test the output of your AC/DC power adapter to make sure it hasn’t failed?
--
Dean Jacobsen

AaronW

Hi all,

I am having a mild panic attack.  I spent last night imaging and this morning after closing out the session, I left the rig untouched all day.  Great weather here in Southern California.  As I began setup this evening I noticed that the red light on the CP5 was gone, and it appears to be completely unresponsive.  I've tried swapping out power chords but to no avail.  I now have the CP5 in my office with its AC/DC adapter running from my house's AC power outlet into the 12V DC port and still nothing.

Any ideas or tests I should run??