CP3 power connector (12V)

David Kensiski

So how about the cable end? Got the part number for that?

On Tue, May 24, 2022, 5:29 PM drgert1 via groups.io <drgert1=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Yes, that looks like the right part. Digikey calls it "Power Barrel Connector Jack 2.50mm ID (0.098"), 5.50mm OD (0.217") Panel Mount".
I looked at the CP3 today and it seems it will be a bit of a task to unmount the various parts to get to the solder connection for the connector.
Maybe this will wait until it breaks. Also a call for instructions to AP might be in order.

Thanks& Clear Skies,
Gert

drgert1

Hi Mike,

Yes, that looks like the right part. Digikey calls it "Power Barrel Connector Jack 2.50mm ID (0.098"), 5.50mm OD (0.217") Panel Mount".
I looked at the CP3 today and it seems it will be a bit of a task to unmount the various parts to get to the solder connection for the connector.
Maybe this will wait until it breaks. Also a call for instructions to AP might be in order.

Thanks& Clear Skies,
Gert

Yves Laroche

Forget about it. Just noticed that I inversed the plug and socket in my mind.  😏

Le 23 mai 2022 22 h 09, Yves Laroche <yves.laroche@...> a écrit :
You won't be able to plug it at all because the center pin is bigger in that case.

Regards,
Yves

Le 23 mai 2022 21 h 21, Woody Schlom <woody_is@...> a écrit :
Are you sure the center is 2.5mm?  I thought it was 2.1mm.  I'm pretty sure that's what mine is.  But I can't check now as I'm on the road.

You can stick a 2.1mm x 5.5mm plug into a 2.5mm x 5.5mm socket,  but the connection will be loose.

Woody

On May 23, 2022 5:08:49 PM "Mike Dodd" <mike@...> wrote:

On 5/23/2022 10:48 AM, John Gaul wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]

EDIT: sorry, didn't read original post carefully enough. Looking for a
female/socket for the CP3 side not the plug for power cable as below.

The link I sent
<https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/kycon-inc/KLDPLX-0202-B/12620420>
is for a 2.5mm panel jack, not the plug. I suggest measuring the one on
your CP3 and search Digi-Key for the same size.

--- Mike

Yves Laroche

[...]

Mike Dodd

On 5/23/2022 9:21 PM, Woody Schlom wrote:
Are you sure the center is 2.5mm?  I thought it was 2.1mm.  I'm pretty sure that's what mine is.  But I can't check now as I'm on the road.
I don't know what it is. That's why I advised to measure and search Digi-Key for the correct size connector. The link I provided was the first similar panel connector I found, just to show the style and where to find one. Measure and search!

--- Mike

Woody Schlom

[...]

John Gaul

Edited

EDIT: sorry, didn't read original post carefully enough. Looking for a female/socket for the CP3 side not the plug for power cable as below.

----

I believe (from previous postings on this group) that it's a 2.1mm x 5.5 mm barrel connector, center positive, and ideally the threaded variant.

Here's one I found. Sorry for UK link (I guess you're in the USA), but hope it helps you to find a supplier for you.

Mike Dodd

On 5/23/2022 2:37 AM, drgert1 via groups.io wrote:
Hello All,
Does anybody have a source for replacing the power connector / socket at the GTO CP3 12V panel?
...maybe some nice soul out there knows the Digikey part number of the 12V connector where I can order them at $2.99 a piece for 5 of them.
I found this on Digi-Key: <https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/kycon-inc/KLDPLX-0202-B/12620420>

Search for "DC power connector" then check out the "barrel" type connectors. Look at the thumbnails on the list, click one that looks promising, then download the datasheet from the details page, and compare with what's on the CP3.

It's a fairly standard connector, so maybe the link above is what you need. If not, I'm confident you'll eventually find it.

--- Mike

drgert1

Hello All,

Does anybody have a source for replacing the power connector / socket at the GTO CP3 12V panel?

Doing the well known screw driver 'Bend the pin' trick only works so many times and my concern is growing that material fatigue in the in might break it some time. Long story short I want to replace it (either now, or have a proper replacement pat as a spare for when the time comes)

I assume the proper answer here is to call AP for the part, and yes I could/should/(will probably) do that. And they will probably say that for sure they can ship some spares at $29 a piece post postage. That of course is a very possible way to proceed. But maybe some nice soul out there knows the Digikey part number of the 12V connector where I can order them at $2.99 a piece for 5 of them.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks & Clear Skies,
Gert