From: M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 19, 2022 4:31 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] ZWO color camera problem - Update

Is the ZWO camera an astro-imaging camera ? Out of curiosity what kind of exposure time do you have to use to take images of objects during daylight, or is there something you have to do with the stretching ?

Mike

thefamily90 Phillips

I use ZWO monochrome and color cameras for all my Lunar, planetary and solar images. I have never done any imaging, except solar, during daylight hours.

JimP

Is the ZWO camera an astro-imaging camera ? Out of curiosity what kind of exposure time do you have to use to take images of objects during daylight, or is there something you have to do with the stretching ?

Mike

M Hambrick

Is the ZWO camera an astro-imaging camera ? Out of curiosity what kind of exposure time do you have to use to take images of objects during daylight, or is there something you have to do with the stretching ?

Mike

Roland Christen

Hello fellow astronuts,

I could not get deep sky images to come out right with this color camera. So I went back to basics and imaged a known daytime object with known colors. Ross was right, the key really was the X and Y offset numbers. As you can see below, with X and Y set to 0, the colors of blue and red are reversed. With X and Y set to 1, the proper colors appear on the daytime shots of the water tower. The preview image of the star doesn't change, and it was difficult to see the changes on a deep sky object. But now my galaxies have red cores instead of blue.

So, I thank Ross again for pointing out the solution, and although I am a little dense, I can sometimes find the Reese's cup hidden in the back of the cupboard.