Testing PC connection

Howard Hedlund

No problem.  If you initialize the GTOCP4 by itself, set tracking to zero or you will get a motor stall.
HKH

mjb87@...

I did exactly this with my Mach2 GTOCP5 control box, while waiting for my observatory to be completed. No issues.

Luke Dodd

The weather has been appalling since I received my new AP1600. Wanted to at least make some progress and establish PC connection. Not wanting to setup mount in poor weather, can I power up the CTP4 control box check, ascom and PC comms without the motors connected to the control box without doing any harm?

Thanks