Testing PC connection

Luke Dodd

The weather has been appalling since I received my new AP1600. Wanted to at least make some progress and establish PC connection. Not wanting to setup mount in poor weather, can I power up the CTP4 control box check, ascom and PC comms without the motors connected to the control box without doing any harm?

Thanks

mjbollinger87@...

I did exactly this with my Mach2 GTOCP5 control box, while waiting for my observatory to be completed. No issues.

Howard Hedlund

No problem.  If you initialize the GTOCP4 by itself, set tracking to zero or you will get a motor stall.
HKH