Do the APCC SGP in YouTube video also apply to NINA #APCC

Wayne Hixson

I asked a couple days ago on these settings and Ray replied the NINA box in Advanced Settings is “For Future Use”. So I think the only connection right now us through the Smart Meridian Flip in NINA using the APCC .mlm meridian limits file. I’m not sure at this time that you even need to set any of the APCC Meridian limit boxes. Dale or Ray, please correct me if this is wrong.

Hi Andrew

NINA works a bit differently, you should check out Dale's page here for details: https://daleghent.com/nina-and-astro-physics-mounts#Meridian_limits

you will also need to set your APCC advanced settings to NINA as well

image.png

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 7:39 AM Andrew J <andjones132@...> wrote:
Hi. I have started playing around a bit more with N.I.N.A as an alternative to SGP. I keep having too many issues with SGP lately. I was curious if the two methods mentioned in the YouTube video for setting the the Meridian Limits in APCC for SGP are the same settings to use with N.I.N.A?

As I understand it, the two methods are:

1. Simple Meridian Offset: Enable Meridian Limit Tracking, Enable Limit to Meridian, Set Flip Offset to some value like 3, Enable Send Limit with offset to SGP. Leave East/West Limits unchecked. This will send a static meridian limit offset to SGP regardless of the DEC
2. Dynamic Meridian Offset: Same as above, but Disable Limit to Meridian and check the East/West Limits check boxes. This will send a dynamic meridian limit offset to SGP based on the Meridian Limits that have been created and the current DEC of the object being tracked.

Do these same settings/principals also apply to N.I.N.A or are there sligth variations? Also, I know that under Advanced Settings I need to change the you have to change the Third Party Applications to use NINA rather than SGP.

Thanks for the info.

Andrew J

--
Brian