Trouble Connecting via REST API

Ray Gralak

It's reserved for future use. It does nothing at this time.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 9, 2022 11:42 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Trouble Connecting via REST API

Ray, I noticed in the Advanced Settings for third party apps there’s a NINA selection. I’m just starting to use NINA
and wondering specifically what checking that box does?

Thanks again, Wayne
On Apr 9, 2022, at 11:22 AM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:

UDP is lighter weight and less latency but is more susceptible to losing a packet once in a while.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 9, 2022 11:13 AM

By the way, is UDP or TCP preferred?

Wayne Hixson

Ray, I noticed in the Advanced Settings for third party apps there’s a NINA selection. I’m just starting to use NINA and wondering specifically what checking that box does?

Thanks again, Wayne

On Apr 9, 2022, at 11:22 AM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:

UDP is lighter weight and less latency but is more susceptible to losing a packet once in a while.

-Ray

Ray Gralak

-Ray

Wayne Hixson

Erkaslan Aygen

Good to know ! Enjoy and happy weekend. 

Regards,
Aygen

Wayne Hixson

You beat me to the point! I was about to post "Never Mind" :-) I found it.

Thanks!

Ray Gralak

Hi Wayne,

In APCC's Advanced Settings dialog window, there is an API tab. Please take a look there to make sure that APCC's REST API is enabled. If it is not, then enable it and restart APCC.

And of course, APCC must be connected to the mount for the driver to work through the REST API.

-Ray

Sent: Saturday, April 9, 2022 11:06 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Trouble Connecting via REST API

Trying to connect my CP5 using the new REST API as I've had some issues with Virtual Ports. I deleted the virtual
ports, conneacted via Ethernet, and set the driver with the IP address and APCC REST API boxes checked, but
clicking check port shows Mount not found.

Erkaslan Aygen

Edited

Silly question, are the settings properly set under advanced settings ? Try to uncheck and check again if it solve your issue. I recall that I had to do something like this to make it work !

Wayne Hixson

Trying to connect my CP5 using the new REST API as I've had some issues with Virtual Ports. I deleted the virtual ports, conneacted via Ethernet, and set the driver with the IP address and APCC REST API boxes checked, but clicking check port shows Mount not found.