Routing Power Through a Mach2 Hub

mjb87

I run a 6A power supply through the Mach2 hub to feed my cameras and some other incidentals via a Pegasus PPBADV. The 6A supply has worked fine. Note that the mount itself has its own dedicated power supply.

I'm thinking of a major upgrade which would involve more power, probably in the 10A range, to feed a new camera. This would also involve upgrading my PBBADV (max 3A per circuit) to the Ultimate (max 7A). I'm not an electrical engineer, so please bear with me with some simple questions...

- What is the maximum amps I can run through hub, given its internal wiring?
- What is the power capacity of the standard wires and Anderson-pole connectors that come with the basic power supply?

Thanks

Marty

Roland Christen

The Mach2 internal wiring can accommodate 15 amps easily.

Rolando
On Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 07:51:54 AM HST, mjb87 via groups.io <mjb87@...> wrote:

I run a 6A power supply through the Mach2 hub to feed my cameras and some other incidentals via a Pegasus PPBADV. The 6A supply has worked fine. Note that the mount itself has its own dedicated power supply.

I'm thinking of a major upgrade which would involve more power, probably in the 10A range, to feed a new camera. This would also involve upgrading my PBBADV (max 3A per circuit) to the Ultimate (max 7A). I'm not an electrical engineer, so please bear with me with some simple questions...

- What is the maximum amps I can run through hub, given its internal wiring?
- What is the power capacity of the standard wires and Anderson-pole connectors that come with the basic power supply?

Thanks

Marty

mjb87

Excellent. Many thanks, Rolando.