Guiding issue for INDI Driver and AP600E with GTOCP2 servo control box #Guiding #asi_air_plus

Richard Hennig

I have a problem guiding my AP600E GTO mount using the ASIAIR Pro, which uses the Indi driver. My GTOCP2 controller has the D chip dated 08/13/01.

I can connect fine to the mount from the ASIAIR Pro through a USB/Serial converter using the AstroPhysics GTOCP2 driver. From the ASIAIR Pro, I can set the date, time, and location, control the mount's motion, align the mount on a star, and accurately go to any other object.

The problem occurs when the mount receives guide commands, such as during the calibration. The mount responds to the guide command by moving in the correct direction. I have two issues:
1) The motion does not stop after the set time of 2000 ms.
2) The guide speed seems to be the value set by the hand controller and not the one it receives from the Indi driver. Changing the guide speed on the hand controller seems to affect the rate of motion for the guide command.

I have looked through the source code of the INDI driver lx200ap_gtocp2, and it mentions that the driver handles a GTOCP2 Motion Bug for Version E of the chip. I also saw on the AstroPhysics website that a newer chip E1 is available.

My questions are:
1) Are there some settings on the hand controller that would correct how the mount responds to the guide commands?
2) Would upgrading from the D to the E1 chip affect the behavior?
3) Are there other tests I should do to diagnose the guiding behavior?

Thanks for any suggestions and advice.
Richard

Roland Christen

Set the keypad button rate to 1x. Don't set it to any other rate.

Roland