APPM Pointing correction - Dec arc tracking modeling

Joseph Beyer

Great, thanks for the update. Joe

Ray Gralak

Hi Joe,

Is it still advised to uncheck pointing correction in APCC-Pro after creating a Dec arc tracking model in the
case that potentially large numerical errors in the Dec model may effect pointing? In my case the large
incorrect values effected pointing after a meridian flip.
The change is mentioned in the version history under version 1.9.1.1 - 10/18/2021 (Beta - Pro version).

APPM will silently ignore the large terms but other pointing terms might still cause pointing errors. Any error depends on the data.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Beyer
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 2:09 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APPM Pointing correction - Dec arc tracking modeling

Ray

Is it still advised to uncheck pointing correction in APCC-Pro after creating a Dec arc tracking model in the
case that potentially large numerical errors in the Dec model may effect pointing? In my case the large
incorrect values effected pointing after a meridian flip.

You had mentioned a couple months ago there would be an update to APCC-Pro to exclude large erroneous
numbers. I've looked through the version history of APCC-Pro and don't see a specific correction for this
case so just wondering if I still need to be manually unchecking the pointing correction box.

Joe

Joseph Beyer

Ray

Is it still advised to uncheck pointing correction in APCC-Pro after creating a Dec arc tracking model in the case that potentially large numerical errors in the Dec model may effect pointing?  In my case the large incorrect values effected pointing after a meridian flip.  

You had mentioned a couple months ago there would be an update to APCC-Pro to exclude large erroneous numbers.  I've looked through the version history of APCC-Pro and don't see a specific correction for this case so just wondering if I still need to be manually unchecking the pointing correction box.

Joe