Deep Freeze imaging tonight

annaski

I hate to tell you this, but I regularly image at -10 (with wind chill -18 ).
My Mach2 (no low temp encoders) performs like a champ. I have an Eagle on top of it, also no issues. No problem with ZWO cameras.

The only problem I've had is that the first power supply that came with the Mach2 died within the first month. (was winter, so similar temps). You guys replaced it immediately and I bought a just-in-case backup. But no issues since then.

Christopher M

Enjoy and stay warm yourself!

Roland Christen

Hello Astronuts,

I have been imaging on and off for the last week or so in temperatures close to 0F. Tonight it is slated to drop down further to -12F (-25C). It's already at -18C, so this should be a great test to see what dies first - mount, laptop, or camera. Right now the Mach2 mount is happily slewing at 1800x with no muss, no muss.
The QSI 683 camera fan is sounding a bit strange, like it's being strangled. In the past the filter wheel froze up because the rubber O-ring shrunk and the motor shaft wasn't making contact any more.
The 10" Mak is waiting for photons to arrive, 'twill be interesting. Let cha all know how it went later tonight.