AP1600GTO // TOP DEC COVER

Frederic Plourde

In order to use my new Pegasus USB3 hub, I need to update the internal USB2 cabling of my AP1600.
Unfortunately the top DEC cover does not remove when I unscrew both lock nut. The internal aluminium cover dovetails look welded.

Any suggestions from experienced users?

My last option would be to "force" the cover using a plastic tool in the cover wires acces. I dont want to do that yet because I'm afraid to damage the paint at such low temperature.
Thank for helping.

Fred

George

Fred,

Remove the dovetail saddle and see if the safety screws were installed.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.