1100GTO dimension needed

gmiller2005@...

Thank you all very much, this is the information I need to plan for the future. Now I just hope that my name on the notification list will someday result in a message offering me the opportunity to become an owner of an 1100!

rockhead_20601

9.603 inches.

Richard

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 12:11 PM, M Hambrick wrote:
Linwood's measurement of about 9 inches makes me wonder if Astro-Physics has changed this dimension.
Bear in mind it was a tape measure stuck through and hooked over the top of the azimuth adjustment.  I'd far more trust someone with a caliper.

But the main message I had was, if it's about clearance or something, it's not round -- the CP4 side has all sorts of stuff sticking out above and (with the CP4 bracket and CP4 mounted) below.

M Hambrick

Hi Greg

I measured about 9.60 inches diameter with a certainty of + 0.005 inches on my 1100 mount using a spring caliper. If you need closer than that (to the nearest 0.001") I can make that measurement with my vernier calipers the next time I take my mount down. Probably in another week or so.

Linwood's measurement of about 9 inches makes me wonder if Astro-Physics has changed this dimension.

Mike

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 10:17 AM, <gmiller2005@...> wrote:
Could an owner of an 1100GTO mount please give me an accurate dimension of the diameter of the baseplate? Not the diameter that would fit inside a pier, but rather the larger diameter of the baseplate itself.
Ignore this note if you need precision.    It's about 9" or 9.125" as best I can tell.  I don't want to take it apart, and this is a tape measure suspended about an inch or so above the base to pass over the azimuth control in front, so the angle is misleading I think on the dimension, I think it is a bit over not under 9".

Real rough measurement, my caliper will not go nearly that large.

Assuming that's the dimension you mean.

Bear in mind on the other side there's a flat surface, so the azimuth controls (below showing only the left one) extend well over, but immediately above the ring.   There's also the mount for the CP4, that here I have extended out 1/4" or so for clearance and cables.    By default it is flat against the flat area on the ring.

Linwood

gmiller2005@...

Hello friends:
Could an owner of an 1100GTO mount please give me an accurate dimension of the diameter of the baseplate? Not the diameter that would fit inside a pier, but rather the larger diameter of the baseplate itself.
Thank you all in advance.
Gregory B. Miller