Mach2 lost?

Shailesh Trivedi

I believe my Mach2 is "lost", the RA & DEC values in the FIT header is wrong. How do I get the Mach2 to a known position?

Tim Morrill

I’m APCC go to the AE tab, under AE actions click the big find home button that should get it straightened out.

Larry Phillips

Edited

Tim, as an interested viewer of this thread, I know how to go to the Park tab and then the Park dialog box at the top center, then to the "Park to this Position" drop down box and select Home.  But I do not see an AE tab.  Is this something that only appears when connected to the mount?
Larry

Ray Gralak

But I do not see an AE tab. Is this something that only appears when connected to the mount?
Yes, if the mount has encoders, the AE tab will appear when APCC connects.

-Ray

Tim, as an interested viewer of this thread, I know how to go to the Park tab and then the Park dialog box at
the top center, then to the "Park to this Position" drop down park and select Home. But I do not see an AE
tab. Is this something that only appears when connected to the mount?
Larry

Ray Gralak

I believe my Mach2 is "lost", the RA & DEC values in the FIT header is wrong. How do I get the Mach2 to a
known position?
As Tim already suggested, homing the mount will restore the correct mount position.

-Ray

I believe my Mach2 is "lost", the RA & DEC values in the FIT header is wrong. How do I get the Mach2 to a
known position?

Roland Christen

What do you mean by a Fit header?

Check to make sure that your time and daylight savings is set correctly. Daylight savings is now Winter.

Roland

I believe my Mach2 is "lost", the RA & DEC values in the FIT header is wrong. How do I get the Mach2 to a known position?

Shailesh Trivedi

Roland,

One can read the FITs header using a program like Pixinsighg. The header shows X/Y binning, sensor temperature, RA & DEC and a few other parameters in plain text. The rest is binary.

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

This worked, thanks Tim.

Shailesh