Mach 2 Parking Funnies

Stacey Mills

Sure enough, the keypad was in Connect=Yes mode and still on DST.  I changed it to Connect=EXT. 

-Stacey

Stacey Mills

I'm virtually certain it's the keypad.  I haven't updated it since DST went off.  I don't use it now anyway, so I'll just unplug it after shutdown.
Thanks again, Roland.

Stacey Mills

I'm not sure where the "DST" settings are but I'll look for them when I'm done imaging, esp. the keypad.

michael mccann

Thanks , that might explain things I had problems earlier. I didn’t know that ASCOM had that feature

Roland Christen

Check for DST in the keypad, ASCOM driver and APCC. Should be zero in all apps.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Nov 30, 2021 7:06 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 2 Parking Funnies

I think you're right!  APCC shows LST as 23:32, but it's really 00:32.  
My lat/long/timezone are all correct in APCC.  Computer time is correct.  I'm not sure where the problem is.  This may have cropped up after we went off DST, but the timezone properly shows -5 for EST (Louisa, VA).

-Stacey

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Stacey Mills

OK, for some reason APCC was showing -5 TZ but the ASCOM driver was showing -4.  Hitting "Resync Mount to PC time in the ASCOM driver Configuration Settings seems to have fixed it.  I'm not sure why it didn't correctly pick this up on its own.

Thanks!

-Stacey

Stacey Mills

I think you're right!  APCC shows LST as 23:32, but it's really 00:32.  
My lat/long/timezone are all correct in APCC.  Computer time is correct.  I'm not sure where the problem is.  This may have cropped up after we went off DST, but the timezone properly shows -5 for EST (Louisa, VA).

-Stacey

Roland Christen

Sounds like maybe location or time is incorrect or inconsistent between the keypad, ASCOM driver and/or APCC.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Nov 30, 2021 3:55 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach 2 Parking Funnies

I saw this once before but that was several months ago.  I send the scope to Park2 and looking at the scope and index marks it's clearly in the correct position but the APCC readout says something like Az=87, El=-11.  So I send the mount to the home position and then back to Park2 and APCC properly indicates Az=90, El=0 (the scope is exactly where it was the first time but not the readout is correct).  I properly shut everything down.  This evening when I start it back up it's back to saying Az=87, El=-11 even though it's clearly at 90/0. ...so back to the home position and then back to Park2 and once again it's correct.  Strange.

-Stacey

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Stacey Mills

Edited

I saw this once before but that was several months ago.  I send the scope to Park2 and looking at the scope and index marks it's clearly in the correct position but the APCC readout says something like Az=87, El=-11.  So I send the mount to the home position and then back to Park2 and APCC properly indicates Az=90, El=0 (the scope is exactly where it was the first time but now the readout is correct).  I properly shut everything down.  This evening when I start it back up it's back to saying Az=87, El=-11 even though it's clearly at 90/0. ...so back to the home position and then back to Park2 and once again it's correct.  Strange.

-Stacey