Eltima Virtual Ports

Ray Gralak

Hi David,

I tried three more times as instructed - the same error message appears. I'll call next week.
The exact cause for the issue on a few computers is not known, but I think the problem is likely a missing Windows DLL in Windows 10. The fact that virtual ports were working for you in Windows 11 on the same computer supports this theory. Unfortunately, this may be something that will take time for Eltima to track down.

That said, if you did a completely new Windows 10 install on this computer, make sure that you download and install all of the manufacturer's drivers for the computer and perform all of the Windows updates. One of the manufacturer drivers or Windows updates may contain a required DLL.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of hawkp60@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 9:03 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Eltima Virtual Ports

Ray,

I tried three more times as instructed - the same error message appears. I'll call next week. Happy
Thanksgiving.

David Burrell

hawkp60@...

Ray,

I tried three more times as instructed - the same error message appears. I'll call next week. Happy Thanksgiving.

David Burrell

Ray Gralak

Hi David,

The virtual ports cannot be created. I get the ".....AxHost+invalid ActiveXStatexception...." message. So, I'm
assuming that the Eltima software did not download?
I think maybe you are using the wrong term. There's nothing to download. The Eltima virtual port driver will be installed and the Eltima ActiveX control registered.

Did you reboot the computer afterward?

Did APCC create the virtual ports? (If they were not created, you can get that error message.) After rebooting the computer and before starting APCC, delete the file c:\programdata\Astro-Physics\APCC\Settiings.apcc. Then start APCC and connect to the mount.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of hawkp60@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:21 PM

Ray,

The virtual ports cannot be created. I get the ".....AxHost+invalid ActiveXStatexception...." message. So, I'm
assuming that the Eltima software did not download?

David Burrell

hawkp60@...

Ray,

The virtual ports cannot be created. I get the ".....AxHost+invalid ActiveXStatexception...." message. So, I'm assuming that the Eltima software did not download?

David Burrell

Ray Gralak

David,

What do you mean by "Eltima is still not downloading"?

-Ray

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 10:20 AM

Ray,

The Eltima is still not downloading. Windows must be interfering in some way. I going to reinstall win 11 and
restore the computer to an earlier date.

David

Mike C

After a few days of troubleshooting dysfunctional APCC virtual serial ports a windows rebuild fixed my issue.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 9:20 AM <hawkp60@...> wrote:
Ray,

The Eltima is still not downloading. Windows must be interfering in some way. I going to reinstall win 11 and restore the computer to an earlier date. 

David

hawkp60@...

Ray,

The Eltima is still not downloading. Windows must be interfering in some way. I going to reinstall win 11 and restore the computer to an earlier date. 

David

hawkp60@...

Thanks for the information, Bob. The program (APCC and AP V2 Driver) was working fine on Win 11. I'm going to rule out the physical ports as an issue since it's the same computer.

David Burrell

Ray Gralak

You can try this BETA version of APCC Pro, which has a newer version (V10) of the Eltima ActiveX control and drivers:

https://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_BETA_Setup_1.9.2.3.exe

-Ray

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 8:57 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] Eltima Virtual Ports

Last week I spoke with Howard about the issue with Eltima. I am posting my issue here to see if anyone else
has this issue and maybe has a work around?

I have a GTOCP5 with APCC pro version 1.9.0.11. Everything was working fine until upgrading to a new
computer that runs windows 11. APCC was working fine but I had problems with my camera driver on windows
11. I uninstalled windows 11 and installed windows 10 thinking maybe that would fix the camera issue. During
the uninstall of windows 11 all the programs were deleted and I had to download APCC Pro again. The
problem is the Eltima Virtual port software is not loading (at least that's my understanding). I have uninstalled
and reinstalled APCC Pro as late as today. The Eltima is still missing. I saw a recent post where Ray said that
the Eltima drivers were updated for v1.9.0.11 - but like I mentioned the download (v1.9.0.11) doesn't appear to
be installing Eltima. Maybe I am not understanding the difference between Eltima software and the driver.

Bob Enouen

I had this problem on a Beelink U57 with Windows 10 Pro on my GTOCP4. It did not have any physical serial ports and that may have been the issue.  I switched to a Shuttle XPC DH 110 that had a real port and that solved it for me.

Thanks, Bob

Robert J. Enouen
Cell 513-504-4410

On Nov 23, 2021, at 11:59 AM, hawkp60@... wrote:

Last week I spoke with Howard about the issue with Eltima. I am posting my issue here to see if anyone else has this issue and maybe has a work around?

I have a GTOCP5 with APCC pro version 1.9.0.11. Everything was working fine until upgrading to a new computer that runs windows 11. APCC was working fine but I had problems with my camera driver on windows 11. I uninstalled windows 11 and installed windows 10 thinking maybe that would fix the camera issue.  During the uninstall of windows 11 all the programs were deleted and I had to download APCC Pro again. The problem is the Eltima Virtual port software is not loading (at least that's my understanding). I have uninstalled and reinstalled APCC Pro as late as today. The Eltima is still missing. I saw a recent post where Ray said that the Eltima drivers were updated for v1.9.0.11 - but like I mentioned the download (v1.9.0.11) doesn't appear to be installing Eltima. Maybe I am not understanding the difference between Eltima software and the driver.  

hawkp60@...

Last week I spoke with Howard about the issue with Eltima. I am posting my issue here to see if anyone else has this issue and maybe has a work around?

I have a GTOCP5 with APCC pro version 1.9.0.11. Everything was working fine until upgrading to a new computer that runs windows 11. APCC was working fine but I had problems with my camera driver on windows 11. I uninstalled windows 11 and installed windows 10 thinking maybe that would fix the camera issue.  During the uninstall of windows 11 all the programs were deleted and I had to download APCC Pro again. The problem is the Eltima Virtual port software is not loading (at least that's my understanding). I have uninstalled and reinstalled APCC Pro as late as today. The Eltima is still missing. I saw a recent post where Ray said that the Eltima drivers were updated for v1.9.0.11 - but like I mentioned the download (v1.9.0.11) doesn't appear to be installing Eltima. Maybe I am not understanding the difference between Eltima software and the driver.