De : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> de la part de Dale Ghent <daleg@...>
Envoyé : 23 novembre 2021 11:48
À : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Objet : Re: [ap-gto] APPM Will Not Connect to NINA Camera

The Enable Server setting (and a few other things that need to get loaded early after app launch, such as font selection, etc) is stored as a Windows/.NET application level setting and not as part of the active NINA profile, which gets loaded in much later.

The app settings file itself is in %LOCAPPDATA%\NINA, where you'll find a subdirectory called "NINA.exe_<hash>", and in there will be a user.config XML file. If that subfolder and file get wiped, perhaps by a utility that tries to be "helpful" and cleans up after uninstalled apps, then that can be a reason why settings don't get migrated across an upgrade.

Dale Ghent

The Enable Server setting (and a few other things that need to get loaded early after app launch, such as font selection, etc) is stored as a Windows/.NET application level setting and not as part of the active NINA profile, which gets loaded in much later.

The app settings file itself is in %LOCAPPDATA%\NINA, where you'll find a subdirectory called "NINA.exe_<hash>", and in there will be a user.config XML file. If that subfolder and file get wiped, perhaps by a utility that tries to be "helpful" and cleans up after uninstalled apps, then that can be a reason why settings don't get migrated across an upgrade.

On Nov 23, 2021, at 11:20, Sébastien Doré <sebastiendore1@...> wrote:

In NINA, did you go to Options > General and turn on Enable Server? This turns on the API service that APPM must use to access the camera via NINA.

I had the same "problem" and have found that in recent NINA 1.11 updates, that specific setting isn't stored in the profile anymore or at least seem to be reset to default (=disabled) with each re-install even without uninstallling NINA first.

I don't recall having to do so with every update when I first started using NINA last summer. I suppose there's a reason for that but haven't inquire about it on the NINA discord.

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Sébastien Doré wrote:

In NINA, did you go to Options > General and turn on Enable Server? This turns on the API service that APPM must use to access the camera via NINA.

  • I had the same "problem" and have found that in recent NINA 1.11 updates, that specific setting isn't stored in the profile anymore or at least seem to be reset to default (=disabled) with each re-install even without uninstallling NINA first.

  • I don't recall having to do so with every update when I first started using NINA last summer. I suppose there's a reason for that but haven't inquire about it on the NINA discord.

Are you sure it was the same profile?

We are on 2.0 Beta 06 now, and I just did that update and checked before and after and my server enabled setting is still on.

Next time you update please double check, I suggest if it fails raise it as an issue on Discord or Bitbucket.

Linwood

Bob Enouen

Awesome - that fixed it!

Thanks, Bob

Robert J. Enouen
Cell 513-504-4410

On Nov 23, 2021, at 11:07 AM, Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:

In NINA, did you go to Options > General and turn on Enable Server? This turns on the API service that APPM must use to access the camera via NINA.

On Nov 23, 2021, at 10:58, renouen@... wrote:

Hi All!

First post from a newbie, but I've been following these helpful posts for a few weeks. I had my first successful imaging session last night with my observatory based RC 16" / AP1600 non-encoder / ASI 6200MM setup on 120 second subs unguided. I was hoping to taking it to the next level by adding an APPM file, but got ejected from the program each time I tried to connect APPM to the Camera with NINA selected. I'm able to plate solve in NINA directly and the 6200MM is working fine so I figure I must have missed some selection in APPC or APPM. I'm using the latest Beta NINA and the latest APCC Pro. Here are a couple of screen shots on the setup and the error report that shuts down the program. Any advice would be appreciated!

Bob

<2021-11-23 _3_.png><2021-11-23.png>

Sébastien Doré