Lost in space

Roland Christen

Similar but not quite the same. Objects Menu brings up the database which allows you to enter objects and do a Goto. Main menu is for setup.

From: Astrobob <imager1940@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Nov 13, 2021 1:15 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Lost in space

Hi Roland,

What is meant by “Go to Objects Menu” ? Is that the same as “Find” in The Sky6 pro?

Thanks,
Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows

Astrobob

Hi Roland,

What is meant by “Go to Objects Menu” ? Is that the same as “Find” in The Sky6 pro?

Thanks,

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows

Roland Christen

Yes, you can torque them down. Lock them actually.

Roland

Thanks for the help, Ray and Roland.  I have the clutches tightened as tight as I can get them with my fingers, but I will try to put an allen wrench on them and really torque them down, as I think Roland has said there is no problem with over torqueing.  I do not need to manually swing the scope around, so I would prefer to have the clutches not slip at all.  I am just clumsy in the dark.  Luckily I was smart enough to put lots of bubble wrap around the counter weights, or my head would be in worse shape than it is.

I had forgotten that home and Park 3 are synonymous, and that I could use the scribed marks at that location.  Hopefully I will remember next time.  Thanks for the help.

Lee

Lee Dodge

Thanks for the help, Ray and Roland.  I have the clutches tightened as tight as I can get them with my fingers, but I will try to put an allen wrench on them and really torque them down, as I think Roland has said there is no problem with over torqueing.  I do not need to manually swing the scope around, so I would prefer to have the clutches not slip at all.  I am just clumsy in the dark.  Luckily I was smart enough to put lots of bubble wrap around the counter weights, or my head would be in worse shape than it is.

I had forgotten that home and Park 3 are synonymous, and that I could use the scribed marks at that location.  Hopefully I will remember next time.  Thanks for the help.

Lee

Roland Christen

If you move the 1100 manually with clutches loose, then you have lost the alignment. The encoders do not respond to clutch movements, neither do they respond to you setting the scopes at right angles in a side by side arrangement. In both cases you would need to manually set the mount to the home position.

In your case you can simply send the mount Home (or Park3), then loosen the clutches and manually set the two axes to the homing marks on the sides. Once there, you tighten the clutches and you are good to go. No need to power cycle or mess around further.

The encoders will only read axis movements if the clutches are locked. You can unlock the two gearboxes (disengage the worms) and move the axes manually for balancing and the encoders will keep track of your position and not lose their pointing.