Time change today...

Tom Blahovici

I was imaging until 3 am this morning and if course the time changed back to Eastern standard Time. I then did a Park 3 and the mount is clearly one hour off.
So how does one correct for this?
Do I just change time in apcc and do a sync?
Tom

Patrick Spencer

Hi Tom,

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. My mount is in a remote observatory, so I can't just step outside and reset Park 3 using the clutches. I followed the procedure Ray outlined in this post back in May:

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/message/78466

Worked like a charm.

Patrick Spencer

Dale Ghent

On Nov 7, 2021, at 03:21, Tom Blahovici <tom.va2fsq@...> wrote:

I was imaging until 3 am this morning and if course the time changed back to Eastern standard Time. I then did a Park 3 and the mount is clearly one hour off.
Tom

Ray Gralak

Hi Tom,

Was "Keep mount time synced to PC Time" enabled in APCC's Advanced settings? If so, can you post a link to your APCC log that covers the time change? APC should have changed both Time and Time Zone during a time change.

That said, there is an easy way to fix this in APCC without requiring moving the mount by hand.

BTW, you can do this in daylight:

1. Start APCC and park to Park 3 (the mount will be 15 degrees off).
2. Unpark and enable tracking.
3. On APCC's "Goto/ReCal" tab, click the "Load Mount RA/Dec" button.
4. In the RA Hours field, increment the RA by 1. For example, if RA=3, change it to 4 (if RA=23, change RA to 0).
5. Click the "ReCal" button and click "OK" in the popup window.
6. Park the mount to Park 3. The mount should now park to the correct position.

If I have the sign correct, you want to add one hour to RA when time changes from Daylight savings to Standard time. Going from Standard to Daylight Savings in the spring will require subtracting one hour from RA.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici
Sent: Sunday, November 7, 2021 1:21 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Time change today...

I was imaging until 3 am this morning and if course the time changed back to Eastern standard Time. I then
did a Park 3 and the mount is clearly one hour off.
Tom

fernandorivera3

You correct the issue by switching EVERYTHING over to Universal Time <U.T.> which includes your CPx control box, keypad, laptop & desktop, smartphone, tablet, etc to stay consistent with all of your electronic gizmos.
No more B.S. from going back & forth twice a year between Standard Time & Daylight "Wasting" Time.

Fernando

Tom Blahovici

Hi
Yes it was and is checked.  The log is huge....100mb.  Not even sure which one it is.
However, the night it happened, I did manually move the mount with the clutches lose to park 3.  Today I did a resume from park, pointed the scope and attempted a plate solve.  After failing several times, I did a park 3 and it went right back to being 15 degrees off.
I reset it again and now all is well.
All the software and the mount is correct in its times.
Thanks, Tom

Ray Gralak

Hi Tom,

However, the night it happened, I did manually move the mount with the clutches lose to park 3. Today I did a
resume from park, pointed the scope and attempted a plate solve. After failing several times, I did a park 3
and it went right back to being 15 degrees off.
There has to be something for which you didn't account. If you parked to Park 3 and adjusted the mount to that position, it won't be off by one hour when you resume from park. That assumes time and timezone didn't change.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici
Sent: Monday, November 8, 2021 4:33 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Time change today...

Hi
Yes it was and is checked. The log is huge....100mb. Not even sure which one it is.
However, the night it happened, I did manually move the mount with the clutches lose to park 3. Today I did a
resume from park, pointed the scope and attempted a plate solve. After failing several times, I did a park 3
and it went right back to being 15 degrees off.
I reset it again and now all is well.
All the software and the mount is correct in its times.
Thanks, Tom