Time change today...

Tom Blahovici

I was imaging until 3 am this morning and if course the time changed back to Eastern standard Time. I then did a Park 3 and the mount is clearly one hour off.
So how does one correct for this?
Do I just change time in apcc and do a sync?
Tom

Patrick Spencer

Hi Tom,

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. My mount is in a remote observatory, so I can't just step outside and reset Park 3 using the clutches. I followed the procedure Ray outlined in this post back in May:

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/message/78466

Worked like a charm.

Patrick Spencer

Dale Ghent

On Nov 7, 2021, at 03:21, Tom Blahovici <tom.va2fsq@...> wrote:

I was imaging until 3 am this morning and if course the time changed back to Eastern standard Time. I then did a Park 3 and the mount is clearly one hour off.
So how does one correct for this?
Do I just change time in apcc and do a sync?
Tom

Ray Gralak

Hi Tom,

Was "Keep mount time synced to PC Time" enabled in APCC's Advanced settings? If so, can you post a link to your APCC log that covers the time change? APC should have changed both Time and Time Zone during a time change.

That said, there is an easy way to fix this in APCC without requiring moving the mount by hand.

BTW, you can do this in daylight:

1. Start APCC and park to Park 3 (the mount will be 15 degrees off).
2. Unpark and enable tracking.
3. On APCC's "Goto/ReCal" tab, click the "Load Mount RA/Dec" button.
4. In the RA Hours field, increment the RA by 1. For example, if RA=3, change it to 4 (if RA=23, change RA to 0).
5. Click the "ReCal" button and click "OK" in the popup window.
6. Park the mount to Park 3. The mount should now park to the correct position.

If I have the sign correct, you want to add one hour to RA when time changes from Daylight savings to Standard time. Going from Standard to Daylight Savings in the spring will require subtracting one hour from RA.

-Ray