Possible bug in APCC with park?

Tom Blahovici

Hi
I noticed that the driver had park set to current position and not park 3.  That will probably fix things but I have not tried yet.
The setting was set in the past. Not sure why it changed.
Tom

Chris White

Tom,

Are you using something in dragscript to define park 3?  Or are you just asking voyager to park the mount?

I use voyager and when my flats are done I have a command to just park the mount, and it parks to the default position in APCC.  I use park 5.  I also have park 5 as the default park position in the driver, although I'm not sure if that matters. 

Tom Blahovici

Well I disagree with always using apcc to do a park. In Voyager if you are done for the night it should park where you have set the park.
If you are automating everything, the final step will be to park.
So bottom line is I think Voyager is not always doing a park 3.
Tom

Tom Blahovici

Actually, I think that this is something to do with Voyager. Perhaps a new release.
When I am done at night, i select point at zenith in Voyager. It is not park. Then I stop tracking in Voyager.
Last night, I finished the flats then I selected track in Voyager and attempted the usual park. In the past it would always go to park 3. To Last night it went to the zenith again. However apcc then did the proper park to park 3.
What was different from the night before was I did not select track before I parked. 
I need to investigate why Voyager no longer parks at park 3.
Tom

Roland Christen

You need a remote controlled umbrella. British style, big and boisterous.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Oct 7, 2021 3:33 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Possible bug in APCC with park?

Howard Hedlund wrote:
  • Don't park with other software.  APCC is already open anyway.  Use APCC to park your mount.
I’ll add one flavor onto this.

I have the APCC park default set to 3, which is where I load and unload the OTA.  In park 3 though, the telescope points (somewhat) up.

I have the Ascom V2 driver set to park 2.  It has a separate default.  The reason for this is that if rain is detected, the safety monitor tells NINA to tell ASCOM to do a park.  Park 2 points the telescope horizontally, where less rain will hit the objective while I run outside to haul things inside, also I think most of the other devices are less vulnerable level.  Note this is a “safety” inside NINA from an ASCOM safety monitor, not the same as APCC’s safety which is related to a disconnect.

So I agree with what you said sort of – I always manually park from APCC. But I have the other set up for a different purpose.  It is nice that there are two defaults (actually three counting safety park in APCC).

FWIW.

Linwood

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Howard Hedlund wrote:

• Don't park with other software.  APCC is already open anyway.  Use APCC to park your mount.

I’ll add one flavor onto this.

I have the APCC park default set to 3, which is where I load and unload the OTA.  In park 3 though, the telescope points (somewhat) up.

I have the Ascom V2 driver set to park 2.  It has a separate default.  The reason for this is that if rain is detected, the safety monitor tells NINA to tell ASCOM to do a park.  Park 2 points the telescope horizontally, where less rain will hit the objective while I run outside to haul things inside, also I think most of the other devices are less vulnerable level.  Note this is a “safety” inside NINA from an ASCOM safety monitor, not the same as APCC’s safety which is related to a disconnect.

So I agree with what you said sort of – I always manually park from APCC. But I have the other set up for a different purpose.  It is nice that there are two defaults (actually three counting safety park in APCC).

FWIW.

Linwood

Howard Hedlund

Hi Tom, 
Just a few brief thoughts:
  • Park is a state.  (as opposed to a State Park) 
  • Park means that the motors and their encoders are no longer energized.  Nothing more.
  • The mount can park, or can be parked in any position.  
  • For normal operation, the mount MUST remain actively connected to APCC - This is a SAFETY feature!  In APCC:
    • click the Park tab,
    • find the Safety Park group box at the upper right corner 
    • click its lovely little ?  in the corner.  You will be rewarded with some answers

Ray Gralak

Hi Tom,

I guess Voyager could have set a new park position but then why wouldn't apcc park at 3 like I requested?
My guess is that the mount was already parked in position near the zenith, so Voyager, seeing the mount was already parked, didn't try to park again. The mount could have parked itself at its current position near the zenith if you had shut down APCC for more than a minute.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici
Sent: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 1:19 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Possible bug in APCC with park?

Last night from Voyager, I did a move to the zenith and stopped tracking so I could do flats. When they were
finished I attempted to park the scope. It reported it was parked. My usual location is park 3.
I closed out Voyager completely, and attempted to start tracking again.
Apcc reported the mount as parked. Pointing at the zenith.
I then did an unpark and tried a park 3 at the point. It went back to the zenith.
I had to use apcc, and then reopen it. Then. I could do a park 3.
I guess Voyager could have set a new park position but then why wouldn't apcc park at 3 like I requested?
Thanks

Tom Blahovici

Last night from Voyager, I did a move to the zenith and stopped tracking so I could do flats. When they were finished I attempted to park the scope. It reported it was parked. My usual location is park 3.
I closed out Voyager completely, and attempted to start tracking again.
Apcc reported the mount as parked. Pointing at the zenith.
I then did an unpark and tried a park 3 at the point. It went back to the zenith.
I had to use apcc, and then reopen it. Then. I could do a park 3.
Thanks