From: Glenn <public@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Sep 25, 2021 7:25 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Pickering's (or Fleming's) Triangle

Any part of the Cygnus loop is a treat for visual astronomers and astrophotographers alike. The many intricacies of its structure make it unique in the night sky.

I shot Pickering's Triangle through narrowband filters with the intent of producing a Hubble palette (SHO) image. However, the SII signal was largely superimposed on the Ha and didn't add anything useful, so I left out the SII and made a bicolor image with the other two filters. Here's the link:

https://astrob.in/lyde7q/B/

Thanks for looking.

Glenn Diekmann

Glenn

Thanks, Steve!

Glenn

Steven Panish

Beautiful shot Glenn.  The bicolor works.

Steve

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 8:25 PM Glenn <public@...> wrote:
Any part of the Cygnus loop is a treat for visual astronomers and astrophotographers alike. The many intricacies of its structure make it unique in the night sky.

I shot Pickering's Triangle through narrowband filters with the intent of producing a Hubble palette (SHO) image. However, the SII signal was largely superimposed on the Ha and didn't add anything useful, so I left out the SII and made a bicolor image with the other two filters. Here's the link:

https://astrob.in/lyde7q/B/

Thanks for looking.

Glenn Diekmann

Glenn