Just had about 500 motor stall comm errors on Mach2

mjb87@...

Actually, I'm at 520 such motor stall errors and climbing! I've tried to move the mount (via SGPro and SkySafari) and have encountered this issue every time. I've encountered dozens (hundreds) of such errors anytime now I try to move the mount.  There are no unusual noises coming from the mount. I have not used the mount in about 4 weeks but nothing has changed since the last successful session a month ago. Here is image I took before it reached the maximum number of errors:

Mach2 with latest firmware
APCC v.1.8.8.17.
Power via PSVPW25A -- no apparent issues
Connected via TCP LAN with USB backup

What are my next steps?

Marty
PS: I had an issue with the mount earlier in which a couple of washers had come lose from the RA control unit but I sorted that out.

Sébastien Doré

Hi Marty,

Is any of your axis loose when parked (just wiggle it a bit by hand)? If yes, it looks similar to a problem I had a few weeks back.

Issue was a loose screw inside the Dec motor assembly that probably got loosen during shipping. Roland and folks at AP kindly guided me through the troubleshooting steps to solve issue. So I would suggest you contact them directly too so they can do the same for you no matter what your issue turns out to be.

Sébastien

mjb87@...

Edited

Thanks, Sébastien

I had two missing bolts and washers in my RA motor assembly which caused a (very loud) motor stall when the mount first arrived.  After discussion with Roland, I replaced the missing washers and bolts. I did also check the Dec motor assembly for anything missing and tightened the bolts at that time.  I'll check again just in case.

Marty

Roland Christen

Send me an e-mail and I may be able to help

Roland

[...]

Can you try updating to version 1.9.0.3? V1.9 includes a bug-fix that may solve the issue.

-Ray

[...]

Thanks Ray. I will update when back at the site in 10 days. Will advise on results then.

Marty