[FAQ] Using NINA with Astro-Physics mounts

Sébastien Doré

Thanks Ray, that indeed fixed it.

Sébastien

De : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> de la part de Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
Envoyé : 6 septembre 2021 23:00
À : main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Objet : Re: [ap-gto] [FAQ] Using NINA with Astro-Physics mounts

My apologies. There was a missing DLL from the Pro installer. Please download this updated installer:

https://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.9.0.5a.exe

The old link has been updated as well.

-Ray

Ray Gralak

My apologies. There was a missing DLL from the Pro installer. Please download this updated installer:

https://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.9.0.5a.exe

The old link has been updated as well.

-Ray

I noticed an update for APCC Pro 1.9.0.5, updated, and suddenly cannot connect to the camera in NINA.
NINA says 'connected', APPM says, 'no'.

I rebooted, same result.

Brent Boshart

I had the same issue.  Reinstalled the previous version v1.9.0.1 and it worked fine again with NINA.

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Annaski wrote:

  • I noticed an update for APCC Pro 1.9.0.5, updated, and suddenly cannot connect to the camera in NINA.
    NINA says 'connected', APPM says, 'no'.

    I rebooted, same result.

_._,_._,_

I just set up and tried it, and get the same result.

I just ran this with the same NINA setup last night and built a model flawlessly.

Tonight as soon as I hit connect in NINA it says “Failed to connect to Camera: Cannot connect: Please make sure the camera is connected in NINA”.  It is connected.  And I can image in NINA.  NINA’s server is enabled.

I saved off the logs from APPC/APPM during the startup.  They should be short since I did nothing else.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJYpbAZhJfyhoDq6rMH9v72DDOkNDIZH/view?usp=sharing

I didn’t see anything at all in the NINA logs.

Ray, is there any steps needed to downgrade other than uninstalling and installing, e.g. are the settings and such compatible?

Linwood

annaski

I noticed an update for APCC Pro 1.9.0.5, updated, and suddenly cannot connect to the camera in NINA.
NINA says 'connected', APPM says, 'no'.

I rebooted, same result.

annaski

Finally got a clear night and this worked beautifully! Thank you!

Dale Ghent

Thanks, Steven. If you or anyone else tries out the plugins mentioned in the FAQ, let me know how it goes. Feedback is always appreciated.

On Aug 18, 2021, at 16:44, Steven Panish <scpanish@panishnet.com> wrote:

Dale,
Thanks for all your work and wisdom!
Steve

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 11:09 PM Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> wrote:
That is actually different as of this week. Sbig native support is in

On Aug 17, 2021, at 22:18, Dan Richey <dr.richey@mail.com> wrote:

I see that NINA does not support SBIG cameras.

Dan Richey

Steven Panish

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 11:09 PM Dale Ghent <daleg@...> wrote:
That is actually different as of this week. Sbig native support is in

> On Aug 17, 2021, at 22:18, Dan Richey <dr.richey@...> wrote:
>
> I see that NINA does not support SBIG cameras.
>
> Dan Richey

Dale Ghent

That is actually different as of this week. Sbig native support is in

On Aug 17, 2021, at 22:18, Dan Richey <dr.richey@mail.com> wrote:

I see that NINA does not support SBIG cameras.

Dan Richey

Keith

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 10:17 PM, Dan Richey wrote:
I see that NINA does not support SBIG cameras.

Dan Richey

 SBIG native support just added in the nightly builds.

Worsel

Thanks, Dale!

Bryan

Dan Richey

I see that NINA does not support SBIG cameras.

Dan Richey

KHursh

Thanks Dale,

I am super excited to finally be able to use this.

Kevin

Dale Ghent

Hi folks, I see Marj has announced APCC 1.9 and the new features it brings.

I've prepared a FAQ for users of NINA and Astro-Physics mounts + APCC. It focuses on NINA 1.11 and the plugins and features available in it that AP mount+APCC users can use to take full advantage of those resources. It's an organic document, so I expect revisions and additions to be made over time as both APCC and NINA evolve in their own ways.

https://daleghent.com/nina-and-astro-physics-mounts

/dale