Can’t model East points with CW up

Wayne Hixson

Hi Ray,

In your video setting up the limits, you said to change the action to “just warn” when the limit is reached. I want the scope to flip so as to better track over the eaves of the house. I tried it last night and it seems to work fine.

Thanks, Wayne

On Jul 19, 2021, at 6:52 AM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:

Thanks Ray, can I change just warn to Flip? If I start my imaging before the meridian limits?
I am not sure which scenario you are talking about?

"Flip" will only apply when pier-side is West. With the East/West limits defined like in the video any slew to a target (on either pier-side) will result in counterweight-up if the target is East of the meridian and West of the limit at the target's declination.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 2:41 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Can’t model East points with CW up

Thanks Ray, can I change just warn to Flip? If I start my imaging before the meridian limits?

Wayne
On Jul 17, 2021, at 8:42 PM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:
Hi Wayne,

Maybe this will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUj1WgFf3k&t=8s

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 8:21 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Can’t model East points with CW up

I have my mount set to flip early and want APPM to model E points while CW are up. I think I’ve followed the
instructions allowing CW up skews in APPC and APPM, but cannot make it work.

wayne

Ray Gralak

I am not sure which scenario you are talking about?

"Flip" will only apply when pier-side is West. With the East/West limits defined like in the video any slew to a target (on either pier-side) will result in counterweight-up if the target is East of the meridian and West of the limit at the target's declination.

-Ray

Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2021 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Can’t model East points with CW up

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Maybe this will help:

-Ray

I have my mount set to flip early and want APPM to model E points while CW are up. I think I’ve followed the

wayne

Wayne Hixson

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Maybe this will help:

-Ray

wayne

Ray Gralak

Hi Wayne,

Maybe this will help:

-Ray

wayne

Wayne Hixson

I have my mount set to flip early and want APPM to model E points while CW are up. I think I’ve followed the instructions allowing CW up skews in APPC and APPM, but cannot make it work. 

wayne