RJ45 connector

>>> Alternative: Deoxit Gold is a liquid in a tube not spray, and you could use a q-tip to apply (

i agree - i use only the spray on to a q-tip and then apply.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 7:31 AM ap@... <ap@...> wrote:
  • I was considering that, but wanted to be sure there were no possible issues with the spray possibly entering the CP4.

Alternative: Deoxit Gold is a liquid in a tube not spray, and you could use a q-tip to apply (that’s not saying there would be an issue with the spray, just an alternative).  I’ve used the tube for camera contacts for years, good stuff.

_

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Howdy,

I second this. If the RJ-45 contacts need cleaning, it is best to use a q tip with DeOxit cleaner. The connector internals are potted, so you would have a very hard time getting the DeOxit through to any sensitive electronics.

Just turn off the CP4 first, and make sure it is dry before you turn it back on.

Liam Plybon

Astro-Physics Inc

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

  • I was considering that, but wanted to be sure there were no possible issues with the spray possibly entering the CP4.

Alternative: Deoxit Gold is a liquid in a tube not spray, and you could use a q-tip to apply (that’s not saying there would be an issue with the spray, just an alternative).  I’ve used the tube for camera contacts for years, good stuff.

_

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 7:17 PM Eric Dreher <ericpdreher@...> wrote:
Is there a recommended spray cleaner safe to use on the Ethernet port in my CP4?  I've had a few "no connect" driver problems, using two cables and two computers (NUC and laptop), so it seems CP4 related.

--
Brian

Brian Valente